Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Anyone looking for a fun (and what seems to be challenging) platformer on STEAM take a look at Stealth ******* at £7 currently.

Removed that image - contains a sweary!

Works flawlessly with the XBOX 360 controller as well.

Associate
Where did you get that if you don't mind me asking?

From aliexpress, look for the links in this forum: http://forum.dashcamtalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1449

It's definitely not the best built bit of kit in the world, but for the price I think it's not too bad.

I'd suggest reading through the dashcamtalk forums (especially their guide on ordering from aliexpress) and looking at the reviews on techmoan.com to decide what features you want. I took a punt on this one as the currently rated camera (DR32) has jumped in price due to all the good reviews.

Soldato
Soldato
Put it together last night:

b97de2ccdd6111e2933022000aa8032d_7.jpg

Just ordered 15kg of Apple wood, and 8kg of Cherry! :) Bonus.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Generally you should not charge LiPo batteries at more than 1C, so if you have a 1000mA battery and you stick it on a 2A charger the battery will get rather warm and you might damage it long term.

Yeah the faster you charge a battery the quicker you degrade the life of the cells.

If charging a phone battery through a 3rd party charger dock or something similar then this could be a problem but power regulation via the phone's USB port itself is usually controlled by the kernel so if you used a 1A or 2A input current from a charger then the phone would still only charge the battery at say 750mA because that's what the kernel has been told to charge it at. You might recall that some Samsung kernels were in the recent past modified to allow faster charging because the charge current could be changed on rooted phones.

Obviously some other devices may have a different story here but most will have their charge currents pre-programmed anyway.

Soldato
Anyone looking for a fun (and what seems to be challenging) platformer on STEAM take a look at Stealth ******* at £7 currently.

Removed that image - contains a sweary!

Works flawlessly with the XBOX 360 controller as well.

Bit excessive removing that considering it's the title of the game. That word isn't really a swear worth either.

Permabanned
Got my Ouya through last week - nice little system and runs some impressive games like shadowgun well with a little tweaking :)

Wish there were some more high end games publishing to it though...

Why did you buy this out of interest?

The fact there are next to zero decent titles available coupled with a price which is more expensive than PS3 and Xbox literally makes no sense to me...

Surely you have either an iphone or Android anyway, which plays all the same games?

Man of Honour
Why did you buy this out of interest?

The fact there are next to zero decent titles available coupled with a price which is more expensive than PS3 and Xbox literally makes no sense to me...

Surely you have either an iphone or Android anyway, which plays all the same games?

Several reasons:

1) more money than sense
2) It wasn't / isn't more expensive that a PS3 or 360... Think i paid about £90 with a second controller.
3) I like to tinker with things like this, I was doing some big mobile projects at the time and seemed like a good toy
4) while i do have an android, but nice to have a dedicated machine plugged into the TV with the same games, emu, XBMC etc running on it
5) Nice, well built controllers i can reuse on steam big picture and android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom