Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have stopped him there and then. Fitter is obviously clueless, one damaged wheel vs four? Easy choice.

Obviously now I'm wishing I had...

It was more of an... "OK, he made a mistake and owned up to it... surely he'll be much more careful with the remainder"

Hmmm... nope.

I've sent off a detailed email to both the fitter and the national tyre supplier... will see what they come back with.

lol that's the norm if you went to france. I go to germany, or I have the number of a guy who will come out to you and do it in france, but he's not useless. Drop me a message if you want it. / I can find it.

I had originally been thinking of doing it in Switz... but the online ordering wouldn't deliver to a fitter & the fitters themselves wanted to overcharge... so it was France or Germany.

These guys got a bunch of good reviews (9.2/10 from 48 reviews!) with multiple comments that they were careful with alloys and did a good job.

But then I suppose we get to see the way French people drive & how little they seem to care about their vehicles :(

I'll drop you a message, thank you.

Haha don't go to Basel. Mate just got his Audi bill for an aircon regas and fitting winter wheels, not even a change in tyres... 1000CHF hahahahaha

I'll dig that card out, it's on my desk somewhere.

WTF?! Seriously?

LMAO... I went to BMW Aesch to get a quote for regas on my 320d and it was somewhere in the region of 250-300CHF. Even then I was glad I got a quote before asking them to do it.

Got it done at Le Feu Vert in Belfort with replacement valves for 74 Euro...

You've got me genuinely intrigued as to how they managed to get the bill that high... Boxster has its 6 year service coming up at the start of October and even that's the same cost of his regas and wheel swap lol.

I hope you told him he's a big girl for getting a main dealer to swap his wheels for him... (although I'm guessing they're storing them for him too).

I took my car to a supposed supercar garage to get my tyres fitted when I lived in France, and they utterly ****ed the alloys - even worse than those ones.

He quite happily admitted he'd done it, and blamed "poor quality British workmanship". No chance of a refund either, standard "c'est pas possible" attitude.....

Looks like you got a good deal there... can I ask, was that from the Dell Outlet, or direct on-line sales

Oh, and which model is it actually. please?

Thanks! :)

Its a E5450 ithere about £480 for the same ish spec on the outlet. I bought this on eBay. Not sure how I managed it. I can trust you the seller if you want.

rsz_file_15-09-2015_12_53_41.jpg

New thermostat! I put a picture in yesterday, but for some reason, the link broke after a period of time.. :confused:

Last edited:
What are the details on this? Looks nice :cool:

It was up yesterday, but the image broke. Odd! It's one of these: Hive 2

It was between this and Nest, and I decided I preferred the look of this one. :)

The first thing my friend said was "Wow! That is a) Completely surplus to requirements and b) AWESOME" :D

It was up yesterday, but the image broke. Odd! It's one of these: Hive 2

It was between this and Nest, and I decided I preferred the look of this one. :)

The first thing my friend said was "Wow! That is a) Completely surplus to requirements and b) AWESOME" :D

What are the requirements to fit these?

Does anything else need changing elsewhere.

looks really cool!

thanks

What are the requirements to fit these?

Does anything else need changing elsewhere.

looks really cool!

thanks

You need a connection to your broadband router and a nearby power socket to plug the hub into. That lets you control the thermostat via your phone / tablet.

You need a relatively modern boiler which you need to wire the receiver into. That lets the thermostat communicate with your boiler.

That's it really. If you have a combi boiler, it'll let you control the hot water too, which the Nest didn't do last time I checked, and if you have a combi-boiler, it hides the hot water option from you anyway!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1692546/ocuk/rsz_file_15-09-2015_12_53_41.jpg[img]
New thermostat! I put a picture in yesterday, but for some reason, the link broke after a period of time.. :confused:[/QUOTE]

I want something I never thought I'll need!

Turning lights on and off would also be useful hen we go away on weekends / week.

No apps for Windows Phone :(

One excuse to talk myself out of it... ARGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom