Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
You don't need the retina MacBook and iPad, my bet is you won't use the iPad

Macbook is a replacement for a Surface Pro 3 - I just don't get on with it. It's my travel/meeting buddy. Main machine is a 15" rMBP.

iPad is a replacement for an Air that I use all the time, but is constantly running out of space...So Air 2 with 128Gb.

Phone...Just cos.

Soldato
8x6jk2.jpg

Bought a bunch of nerdy merchandise at MCM Scotland at the weekend. This is my favourite :D

Man of Honour
Cos you have a MBP the retina MacBook is basically an iPad with keyboard and OS X, I'd use that any day over an iPad

Then you are mad, have you actually owned a tablet. For vast majority of people. Laptop usage drops drastically.. Laptops can't touch tablets for sofa browsing and media consumption, which is the majority of what people use computers for these days.. Two totally different form factors, which make them good for totally different uses.

Soldato
Then you are mad, have you actually owned a tablet. For vast majority of people. Laptop usage drops drastically.. Laptops can't touch tablets for sofa browsing and media consumption, which is the majority of what people use computers for these days.. Two totally different form factors, which make them good for totally different uses.

This. My laptop has pretty much become redundant now, I just use my iPad to browse unless i'm sitting at my PC. Pretty gutted my Mac broke, I did kinda like it!

Soldato
Cos you have a MBP the retina MacBook is basically an iPad with keyboard and OS X, I'd use that any day over an iPad

I use my macbook for anything serious, but for general internet consumption and checking things quickly i use my Air2...there is crossover between them but I'd rather not be without either :)

Caporegime
8x6jk2.jpg

Bought a bunch of nerdy merchandise at MCM Scotland at the weekend. This is my favourite :D

I was there too. I liked the look of those until I saw they are battery operated. It's a shame nobody has invented a glow in the dark type thing where they glow in the light. It's the type of thing when it runs out of batteries I would never use again.

I got a few prints from the guy to the right from the entrance as well as a couple from the comic section.

I also got signed autograph from ser barristan selmy.

Everything else there was either cheap tat from china or stuff you could buy online for a lot cheaper. Next year I'll give it a miss in Glasgow and go to the one in London.

Soldato
I was there too. I liked the look of those until I saw they are battery operated. It's a shame nobody has invented a glow in the dark type thing where they glow in the light. It's the type of thing when it runs out of batteries I would never use again?

I know what you mean about the merchandise. A lot of it is overpriced junk. I mostly got a lot of comics, some old marvel ones and some from independent artists in the comic village bit. The engraved glass is nice though, no regrets buying that. I got autographs from Robert Picardo and Robert Llewellyn, but didn't want to pay for any of the rest.

Were you there both days or just one? I had a weekend priority access ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom