Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
bimbleuk what's the quality like compared to Asus?

Technically mine is 39.5" I think if you actually measure accurately. Still big enough.

That Asus VG278 is not a great comparison to be honest as it's fast but has bad black light bleed and the blacks are grey at best! A399U has great blacks and good contrast. Colours will not beat good IPS panel for "pop"but are not bad at all. Even better under Windows I don't need any scaling!

The panels in these cheaper Korean panels are speculated to be below A/A+ grade which go to the major manufacturers. However for example the Philips 40" monitor that OC sell for £559.99 has bad cross bleed when moving windows across the desktop and high input lag.

My A399U was ~£350.00+ VAT direct from Dream-Seller in S Korea.

Have a look at this review on youTube and you can see several threads on the reviewers related forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o553bTyFElQ

I bought this as an experiment while waiting for the Acer 21:9 monitors and it's turned out to be a great buy so far.

Some models have FreeSync but I keep my settings above 60 fps (980 ti) and really enjoy the gaming potential.

Last edited:
Soldato
In keeping with art posts... picked up 2 of these on weekend, limited edition run... and hand signed by artist + hurricane pilot which I thought was pretty cool. Sadly the guy is now dead.

TVqUwGO.jpg

Soldato
If you're not fussy and are prepared to import direct from the Korean seller on Ebay then there are several 40-42" 4K UHD monitors available on Ebay. They do chroma 4:4:4 so work perfectly as PC monitors. Mines an AMH A399U which is being super seeded by the A402U. Inky black VA type panel and ~5ms response so not bad for casual gaming.

For scale that's my old Asus 27" VG278 144Hz monitor sat above it.

I'm typing now in one 1080p window and have the Grand Prix open in another in the top right corner.

http://s154.photobucket.com/user/bi...elated/A399U_Dying_Light_zpsbmtmpwbu.jpg[/URL

What vertical monitor stand do you use to hold those two up?

Soldato
Got myself a Regatta cacky brown coat to keep warm and dry and pair of leather slippers to keep my feet warm :D

It looks slightly better in flesh but it was only 29 quid ;)

411732938.jpg

Soldato
What vertical monitor stand do you use to hold those two up?

The AMH 399U due to it's likely TV origins has a two leg fixed "TV" style stand and sits on the desk so it's not obvious at first glance in that pic.

The Upper monitors (I sold the VG278 and now have a HP 22") are suspended with an Ergotron LX arm. Early type in black which I bought as old new stock for £50 on Ebay.

Current arms are better finished in a cast silver but cost ~£120.00 you pay for quality in this instance.

Soldato
I just looked again the previous pic :)

That's the day I received the A399U. The black rectangle below the monitor is the stand not a keyboard as it may appear. There's a pull out shelf below for that.

The Asus 27" is sat on the printer shelf behind the A399U. You can see it in the pic above.

I bought the Ergotron LX after that first pic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom