****Images of Items or Services Purchased in November 2012****

Man of Honour
Amazon black "Friday" deals, delivered by yodel on a Sunday, dispite estimated delivery being Thursday. Stunning service.

imagelby.jpg

Soldato
Soldato
Yodel and stunning service are not usual encountered in the same sentence :D

Though I hasten to add I've never had a problem with them.

Thought there was a gypo around work the other day, rode up on his bike looking like he'd slept in his clothes but actually he was a Yodel delivery guy bringing my £500 phone and did'nt even ask for a signiture just said give it to the person it belonged too, if i was dishonest i could have gotten a free phone!

Man of Honour
Yup, talk about misleading advertising. At least iOS 6 only uses 1GB. Android probably uses even less.

Lol, how is it false advertising when it's clearly advertised.
Lol at 1 Gb it's more like 2.5-3Gb.

iOS also doesn't have back up files which means you need iTunes, if it crashes when. Your out or away you have a brick. This. Is neither a good or. Bad thing. Save space and hope you have few issues. Would be better to have the options.
You can also remove the 5GB of recovery files of the surface if you wish. But it means if teaks you will need the USB drive to reinstall. So again walking around with a brick untill you get home.

iOS does mot have drivers to allow attachment of thousands of periphals, again this. Impersonal opinion if that is worth the bigger so install.
iOS also doesn't have office which is a big space.
Two off the big selling points for winRT

You've also got to remeber decimal vs binary on space. It's why all storage is less than that quoted. It's about 0.93Gb per quoted GB.

So 16Gb ipad is actually about 14.88 then minus the 3Gb
And 32 is about 29.76Gb

Last edited:
Soldato
Lol, how is it false advertising when it's clearly advertised.

Lol at 1 Gb it's more like 2.5-3Gb.

iOS also doesn't have back up files which means you need iTunes,

iOS does mot have drivers to allow attachment of thousands of periphals, again this. Impersonal opinion if that is worth the bigger so install.
iOS also doesn't have office which is a big space.
Two off the big selling points for winRT

I'd be very annoyed if I bought a 32GB device and only had 16GB of useable space for apps, especially given RT's restriction on not being able to install apps to an SD card.

The System Partition on iosisbegween. 1-1.5GB, depending on device with the OS taking up on average 900MB. So not quite 3GB like you say...

iOS hasn't required iTunes since version 5. Just like Android, a computer is no longer required.

You're right that iOS doesn't have as much driver support as Windows (although RT has less than Windows 8) but it doesn't need those drivers. An advantage for some, a disadvantage for others.

As for Office, don't get me started on that mess. Releasing a device that runs a buggy beta version of Office isn't very clever and Microsoft should have known better. Personally I don't think Office is as big an advantage as you make it out to be. We're moving forward into a world that is OS and application agnostic.

Man of Honour
If it crashes it still requires iTunes, as far as I understand iOS does not have back up files on the device. So if it does you still need iTunes.
Updates can be done over the air. But a crash still requires iTunes.

And why would you be disappointed? You know how much usable memory there is.
As I said its down to personal opinion on features. But office is a massive draw for many people. It's the most widely used office application, combined with the touch pad, makes it a very powerful device.

Last edited:
Soldato
*Only 16GB space*

I agree. My Transformer Prime has about 28GB of free space and is advertised as the 32GB model. If it's going to take up that much space then they should advertise it as 32GB but have 48GB of actual memory so that they're getting something close to what is advertised.

It's false advertising at it's finest.

Soldato
It's the most widely used office application, combined with the touch pad, makes it a very powerful device.

Have you actually used a Surface RT? I have. It's a poor device at best.

Isn't that called workmanship? :)

It sure is. However, such quality workmanship makes for hard work replacing the non-original tiles some former occupant had stupidly decided to fit.

Nice work...but I don't like those tiles. Sorry :(

:D Much better than what was there though!

Back
Top Bottom