****Images of Items or Services Purchased in November 2012****

Soldato
Mass Effect 2 for £4.49 on Steam.

Mass-Effect-2.jpg

Soldato
Got a bit overexcited with some calculations to what I can sell and end up with a mac mini.

So glad my HE discount is still in use, magic track pad was on the sale and 2 M4's ** Competitor removed ** . :) (apologies there Huddy)

Just waiting patiently for the data doubler kit to turn up then to sell all my current pc stuff...

Last edited:

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
Lol, how is it false advertising when it's clearly advertised.
Lol at 1 Gb it's more like 2.5-3Gb.

No, it's 1GB. http://mashable.com/2012/09/20/ios6-growth/

iOS also doesn't have back up files which means you need iTunes, if it crashes when. Your out or away you have a brick. This. Is neither a good or. Bad thing. Save space and hope you have few issues. Would be better to have the options.

My device has never crashed or bricked because it isn't running Windows.

You can also remove the 5GB of recovery files of the surface if you wish. But it means if teaks you will need the USB drive to reinstall. So again walking around with a brick untill you get home.

It sounds like Windows devices are prone to bricking. Thank god for iOS!

iOS does mot have drivers to allow attachment of thousands of periphals, again this. Impersonal opinion if that is worth the bigger so install.
iOS also doesn't have office which is a big space.
Two off the big selling points for winRT

You've also got to remeber decimal vs binary on space. It's why all storage is less than that quoted. It's about 0.93Gb per quoted GB.

So 16Gb ipad is actually about 14.88 then minus the 3Gb
And 32 is about 29.76Gb

That's great. It still doesn't excuse the misleading advertising.

Associate

actually, it does. its not their fault you don't understand the differences between binary and decimal units. nor is it their problem you can't read the note that explains how much space the OS takes. its like buying a new SSD installing windows and wondering why you don't have the whole drive free.

Man of Honour
No, it's 1GB. http://mashable.com/2012/09/20/ios6-growth/

My device has never crashed or bricked because it isn't running Windows.

It sounds like Windows devices are prone to bricking. Thank god for iOS!

Lol, prone to bricking, got anything to back taht up. Or just trying to make rubbish up.
You need 2.5gb free to install ios6 o that's what I assumed it used.
How it tale advertising? Or misleading?
A) it has 32Gb
b) they do not hide the fact, they tell you the exact breakdown, as I've already posted.

I've had 3 iOS bricks in ~3years of ownership. There is an issue when it happens, as you have to have iTunes. Which means being at home. If it happens when you are away you are stuffed.

As I said I would rather there be a more user friendly option on both OS.
If your going traveling or Holliday, you will most likely want that safety net.

Man of Honour
Yes, but that's not what we are talking about.
We are on about the restore files. On winRT these are kept on the device at a cost of 5GB space, they can be moved off the device in the settings.
iOS does not have restore files, so if there's a critical error, you will need to connect to iTunes to reinstall and get your device back working.
As I said its upto the person which is better. But as a mobile device plenty of people use it out and about for extended periods, weather it's people like me who work away and based in hotels for a week at a time, or people in industry that travel aboard for even longer than a week.
It's certainly annoying when it happens.

Last edited:
Soldato
But that basically never happens. You either have to be doing something you shouldn't be doing(ie jail breaking) or seriously unlucky to brick an iPhone so badly you have to restore via iTunes.

In fact in years of ownership (every iPhone except 3G) and jail breaking, beta iOS etc, I've only ever experienced it once.

Last edited:

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
actually, it does. its not their fault you don't understand the differences between binary and decimal units. nor is it their problem you can't read the note that explains how much space the OS takes. its like buying a new SSD installing windows and wondering why you don't have the whole drive free.

Binary v decimal isn't an issue. Do they really expect everyone to go looking for the small print? It wouldn't be an issue if they were to say something like 32GB total space, 16GB usable on the main product page.

Lol, prone to bricking, got anything to back taht up. Or just trying to make rubbish up.

You bought bricking into the discussion. A stable device (anything iOS & probably Android) doesn't require recovery files on its storage media. You must be doing something majorly bad if you need a recovery option just in case you mess up the device.

You need 2.5gb free to install ios6 o that's what I assumed it used.

Ah, another Glaucus assumption!

How it tale advertising? Or misleading?
A) it has 32Gb
b) they do not hide the fact, they tell you the exact breakdown, as I've already posted.

Note to self: When buying a Microsoft product, look for obscure FAQ page because they're not upfront about important information.

I've had 3 iOS bricks in ~3years of ownership. There is an issue when it happens, as you have to have iTunes. Which means being at home. If it happens when you are away you are stuffed.

What did you do to cause the bricks?

Man of Honour
Where did I say it was unstable, what eve diene do you have it's unstable? You don't.

I haven't done unthink when bricking the phone, they've just bricked on their own, twice was when it ran out of battery, charge it up and it fails to turn on.

No it's not often, its very stable. But it does happen, and when it does your stuffed. If you go to work and come home then the system is fine. If you are using it when away, it is far from fine. As I said it should have the option. WinRT gives you the option, they come on the device but you can easily remove th backup files and stick them on a USB drive.

Associate
But that basically never happens. You either have to be doing something you shouldn't be doing(ie jail breaking) or seriously unlucky to brick an iPhone so badly you have to restore via iTunes.

In fact in years of ownership (every iPhone except 3G) and jail breaking, beta iOS etc, I've only ever experienced it once.

Indeed, I'm no apple fanboy, but I've never had an iphone brick on me, even when jailbroken they're very reliable. I'd rather have the extra 5 gb of room for my own stuff.

Back
Top Bottom