Imperator: Rome (Paradox's Next Grand Strategy Title)

Soldato
I recently got back into CK2 due to the news of Imperator. I found the Youtube tutorial by Arumba, although old, absolutely brilliant. Personally prefer CK2 because it's about the characters, you have more emotion and feeling towards them rather than capturing land.

I am completely rubbish at it though but I 'think' I understand it now. That said, I tried to start as a Viking as I REALLY want to play as them, but the pagan religion, tribal etc confused me again so went back to catholic, feudal etc

Soldato
On CK2 must have DLCs are Way of Life, Conclave, Charlemagne, Monks and Mystics, Legacy of Rome & Reapers Due.

That's not right. Way of Life, Conclave and Legacy of Rome are must-haves for focuses, council changes and retinues respectively, but all Charlemagne gives is the super-blobby 769 start. I'd still want to have M&M and Reaper's Due for artifacts and the prosperity system respectively, plus either Jade Dragon or Horse Lords for the Silk Road rework, but they're not essential. The other must-haves are The Old Gods (playable pagans, 867 start) and Holy Fury (religion changes). Sword of Islam, Sons of Abraham, Rajas of India and The Republic only unlock playable religions (or in the latter case, merchant republics), so there's no point buying those until you want to play that type of character.

Associate
Quill18 recently did a video that gives a nice overview of some of the early mechanics and fundamentals of the new game, it's looking like Imperator it has come along really nicely.
Not long to go until the release date.

Soldato
I almost started a a thread for Imperator yesterday, glad I didn't now!

I'm itching to play it I must admit.

Edit:

It turns out I'd forgotten about this thread, having already contributed to it...

:confused:

Man of Honour
Following this with intrigue. I still play EUIV but not CK2. Am I right in thinking this is an EUIV type of strategy with elements of CK2 thrown in for good measure? So the best of both worlds? I was watching some live streams last night, and it reminded me of a EUIV first and foremost.

Associate
Following this with intrigue. I still play EUIV but not CK2. Am I right in thinking this is an EUIV type of strategy with elements of CK2 thrown in for good measure? So the best of both worlds? I was watching some live streams last night, and it reminded me of a EUIV first and foremost.
Yeah it definitely leans in EUIV's direction for the gameplay style, during Quill18's video he mentioned that it's mostly like Europa Universalis with some additional elements from Crusader Kings and Victoria thrown in.

Eagerly awaiting the release date so I can have another game completely take over my life.

Soldato
Very tempting! What's the story with Paradox DLC? Not really needed to have a good experience, or necessary to fill out the game? Worth it? Not so much??

Won't be any DLC straight away, they tend to make major ones now and then, so yeah you may need to get them to keep up with the game as it gets developed.

However I always look at these things based on how much time I spend playing them. I have 2.5K hours in EU4, so I don't mind shelling out for a DLC occasionally.

Soldato
OP
Won't be any DLC straight away, they tend to make major ones now and then, so yeah you may need to get them to keep up with the game as it gets developed.

However I always look at these things based on how much time I spend playing them. I have 2.5K hours in EU4, so I don't mind shelling out for a DLC occasionally.

Now THAT's value for money!

Back
Top Bottom