IMPORTANT: Members Market access

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
A month or so ago a member put up a wanted ad for a 3080 and I was going to reply as I have one boxed up, but due to this thread I looked up their history and all of it was on MM for the last year or so and had zero interaction with the community, so in effect adding nothing to the forum at all.
I din't reply for the above reason.
I guess it's tough for some, but it does nothing for the forum if non contributors want to leech off other members for their own good, and save a few quid without giving anything back.
Did everyone clap?

Permabanned
Not just at you but to anyone who sees this behaviour.

We take this very seriously, using the MM to buy and sell for a profit is grounds for instant removal and it’s happened to quite a few members. We can’t police this by ourselves so if anybody sees this happen, please tell us and it’ll get dealt with quickly.

And please, in response to us asking for reports, don’t anyone use the pathetic ‘snitches get stitches’ (or equivalent) line.

You can’t win.

You got people telling you that you are bad mods for removing these people “snitches get stitches” scenario.

Then you get the other side of “it’s not fair you removed my access for no reason” normal standard users scenario.

Unbelievable Jeff.

Associate
just disappointed really..................Been here quite a while - more an observer than anything.. I contribute when I have something to say - I thought the length of membership and post count "thing" was to help weed out scammers... Now feels like you want to reward those that post anything.

Last edited:
Pet Northerner
Don
just disappointed really..................Been here quite a while - more a voyeur than anything.. I contribute when I have something to say - I thought the length of membership and post count "thing" was to help weed out scammers... Now feels like you want to reward those that post anything.
Flip side: you’ve had 19 years here to contribute in a meaningful way. To hit 1000 posts you’d have only needed to post once a week.

Since you made the MM under the old rules if 250 posts. Nearly half of your posts have been within the MM sub forum.

Very happy to take advantage of that area without contribution elsewhere.

You can argue about not wanting to spam, but you can’t argue that once a week is spammy.

Disappointing.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why is there a post massacre in here.

I'm on other forums which regularly permaban anyone that establishes a record of only using the member market section after they get access... :p

Leeching is not lurking!

Soldato
Interesting to note that if you get removed from the MM you can be reinstated once you reach the requirements.

I was told that wasn't possible when I asked to be reinstated due to being banned.

Associate
Flip side: you’ve had 19 years here to contribute in a meaningful way. To hit 1000 posts you’d have only needed to post once a week.

Since you made the MM under the old rules if 250 posts. Nearly half of your posts have been within the MM sub forum.

Very happy to take advantage of that area without contribution elsewhere.

You can argue about not wanting to spam, but you can’t argue that once a week is spammy.

Disappointing.
It all depends on what you mean by meaningful… I’m happy to contribute when I feel I can, but I’m not on the forums all the time - it’s not my life….. so you can stick your “post a week” wherever you like - it just makes you sound petty, argumentative and a little sad to be honest…As I said - disappointing, but it really isn’t the end of the world…

Soldato
'Petty' and 'sad' are definitely the insults I would choose to throw at the moderators whilst getting upset at not being allowed to use a particular section of a forum anymore. No irony there at all.

Caporegime
I find the "I don't contribute very much, I don't have a lot to say" argument particularly odd when that's really the only viable benefit you can offer the forums and community in return for flogging your wares and avoiding other platform fees. It's like explaining to the traffic cop who pulled you over for doing 60 in a 30, "I don't use the car very often but when I do I like to flog it senseless."

(narrator: it was not like that at all)

Soldato
I feel like at this point this thread is just baiting 500-750 post count holdouts to come and whinge.

The fact that it's driven 400+ new posts is hilarious.
Posts in here don't up your post count though,so they would be better off contributing to the forum rather than getting upset...

Last edited:
Associate
I find the "I don't contribute very much, I don't have a lot to say" argument particularly odd when that's really the only viable benefit you can offer the forums and community in return for flogging your wares and avoiding other platform fees. It's like explaining to the traffic cop who pulled you over for doing 60 in a 30, "I don't use the car very often but when I do I like to flog it senseless."

Brilliant analogy - sounds like a vote for having more cars on the road….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom