• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

~~~~~IMPORTANT SANDYBRIDGE OC INFO: Voltages & OC Guide!!~~~~~

Caporegime
Right through testing on this board and DVID it's pretty much unusable!

You can't use Load Line while using Dynamic Core manually(wont let you) and also you have to have CPU CORE volts set to Manual otherwise DC is stuck on AUTO and you can't use it.

If use volts via Dynamic Core it can drop VERY low when running prime and intel burn test it went from 1.300v down to 1.171 which means you need Load Line But it wont let you if using DC lol

Soldato
My i5 2500k is a rubbish overclocker as the lowest volts I can do at 4.3ghz is 1.320 (cpuz) and about 1.34v (bios)

Can I have a diff i5 2500k cpu please,, hehe

Associate
I'm on 4.4Ghz at 1.35v! Having to use Auto to get the benefit of dropping sub 1.0v when idling (it's an MSI P67 board).

Am guessing if I tinker for days and go manual, I'll be able to get it higher, but to be honest, a 1.1Ghz over stock speeds can't be sniffed at. Plus I really doubt I'd notice the extra 100mhz or so in the games I'm playing (which I'd rather be doing than constantly tinkering....).

Rich

Associate
Does Turbo Boost cause instability for overclocks?

I was wondering if maybe it's better to keep it turned on, but I'm not sure if it is functional, I mean, does it turn on when it's supposed to? Even when it's just a file being copied or extracted... As soon as you start gaming...

Also, does it spike when you are gaming?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Right through testing on this board and DVID it's pretty much unusable!

You can't use Load Line while using Dynamic Core manually(wont let you) and also you have to have CPU CORE volts set to Manual otherwise DC is stuck on AUTO and you can't use it.

If use volts via Dynamic Core it can drop VERY low when running prime and intel burn test it went from 1.300v down to 1.171 which means you need Load Line But it wont let you if using DC lol

using llc and dvid together is available on z77 gigabyte boards:p

Soldato
Suppose i should contribute my slightly lame efforts thus far lol
Just starting out with Oc'ing an Intel chip after ages on AMD Platforms lol
managed this so far
Cpu is under water on a custom loop w/ 240 rad so nice and cool
LLC is at Level1
although slightly worrying, i disabled Turbocore in the bios, but Sandra is reporting it isn't disabled and reportedly comes in at 5.9Ghz?!?!!

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u15/ben_7855/IBTbenchmark4400Mhz.png

** Please resize image to no more than 1280px wide before replacing image tags - thanks **

just to update

Tried benching with CPC at 4.7Ghz on 1.325v only to Bsod on the 2nd video encode task

Last edited:
Associate
Can somebody tell me if this looks ok?
ibt5runs.png

Voltage is down at 1.384 under load. It also passed an hour of occt large data set.

Last edited:
Associate
temp and voltage is too high

What would you recommend for temp and voltage? When gaming the temps seem to sit in the 50's and then 60-70 when rendering.

Its hard to find out the maxes because everywhere seems to contradict everywhere else.

Edit: after a bit of fiddling the idle vcore is down to 1.408 how is that?

Last edited:
Soldato
overclock1.png

1.312v-1.320v

Worth pushing further? Already quite hot. About 5C cooler in prime64 with AVX, tested for 4hrs+.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi guys and girls...

Need some advice please, What are the safe voltages for the i5 2500k?. I have read that 1.45v-1.47v are safe as long as the temps ain't that hight..

I have mine at 1.37v @ 4.8ghz, i know i can get 5ghz @ 1.46v with max temp of 65'c as i am runnning a custom water loop.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom