• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

In a few mins you will have a chance to grab a 6800 or 3060Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Right, well it looks promising that I snagged a Sapphire Nitro 6800XT. It was the only one close to my budget. I know it feels like paying over the odds, but that's the market we're currently trading in. Maybe in a few months it subsides, maybe not if demand outstrips supply. However, if it's in my system, it's more valuable to me. I can also take comfort knowing that I can probably sell my old 1080 for £250~.

Order status shows "Order Received - not yet shipped" and the card was still being offered for a minute or two after I checked out, so hopefully that's a confirmation right?

OcUK Staff
OP
For anyone who might get their order cancelled due to oversell, can we have the option to be added to the preorder queue for a different card? (As thats the last of the MBA 6800's)

Oversell so far is only Zotac 3060Ti, orders are actually still incoming, thought we'd done them all but its now eight oversold, but I shall change the over sold to MSI Ventus cards.

Associate
Hi there

This is not 100% but I think our order downloader has caught now, everybody who ordered a card has got one, except five people who ordered Zotac 3060Ti, which I shall change to another card like MSI Ventus.

Those who order 6800 MBA, looks like your safe, Sapphire sold around 45 units and Powercolor around 30 units. What remains will now not be offered again on those as we will simply over sell and they will now be put aside for systems use as the SI department never got any 6800 MBA to use. Good work on those who bagged one! :)

Thats awesome news! Thank you for attempting to give forum members a fighting chance to get cards! I knew my lurking on here would pay off ;) lmao

Associate
Hi there

This is not 100% but I think our order downloader has caught now, everybody who ordered a card has got one, except five people who ordered Zotac 3060Ti, which I shall change to another card like MSI Ventus.

Those who order 6800 MBA, looks like your safe, Sapphire sold around 45 units and Powercolor around 30 units. What remains will now not be offered again on those as we will simply over sell and they will now be put aside for systems use as the SI department never got any 6800 MBA to use. Good work on those who bagged one! :)

YOU **** LAD! I'd buy you a pint if pubs still existed, hahaha (cries).

FULLY STAR SWEARWORDS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Hi there

Great stuff.

Honestly, been chasing shadows trying to get hold of cards, constantly being beaten by the bots and just told "No" by Scan and ******. So have I paid a premium for my card? Yes. Have I at least got a card? Yes. Am I happy? Yes.

And so I have to conclude that today, and how it's been handled, is a success. Seems to be more happy customers than angry people who missed out.

Associate
*Unwatch thread*

Got the card I wanted, thanks!

I know it is over priced, still less than ebay. I have to admit to hovering over the bid now button in but felt a little sick about it so didn't.

I like to think the extra cash is danger money for OCUK staff going into work while I sit on my arse complaining about the length of my hair (rather than Gibbo's Yacht fund).

Associate
Happy to have bagged the Sapphire 6800MBA which should be a good upgrade from my ageing MSI R9 390. Hopefully my PSU will cope with the upgrade =)

Caporegime
Hi there

I picked the Powercolor on purpose.
So hopefully I've got one :)

OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo, it looks like you've also blocked orders to the Channel Islands. Any chance that can be allowed? Thanks

Unfortunately it is out of my hands, something to do with Brexit and courier changes, our logistics and IT are working on it, but its not a five minute job unfortunately.

Associate
Hi there

Hopefully there is a 5 min change of heart on the Powercolor 6800 so I don’t make the kids weekend a bad one for them! :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Hopefully there is a 5 min change of heart on the Powercolor 6800 so I don’t make the kids weekend a bad one for them! :D

Anyone who ordered a 6800 MBA will have got one, but as per the original thread orders won't be despatched until next week, this was made very clear. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom