• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

In a few mins you will have a chance to grab a 6800 or 3060Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Re read what i said people paid between 350 -500 pounds for a 5700xt theyre selling them on the bay for over 500 some have gone over 600 pounds with no warranty now for not much more you can get a brand new card with warranty for a between 50 -150 which is better than the card they had which they paid 3 x as much for so to them its a no brainer and not bad buisness 50 -150 pounds for a card that is equall or beats last gens top cards also manufactures have put prices up by 25 percent on the retail price i never mentioned i was happy what i did say was tell me what card you could buy before this madness stsrted for 150 even 200 brand new which beat a 5700xt ? i await your answer on that if your buying a new card without a card to sell then no i wouldnt buy at these prices and i wouldnt be happy either to answer your question so my point is if youve sold a card on the bay for 600pounds add 150 and youve a brand new card for a total out lay of 150 pounds with full warranty and better than you had before

Apologies your grace

Associate
Help needed got the rx 6800 delivered today installed latest driver's fired up battlefield 4 to test it i'm getting random black screen's thank's :rolleyes::(

Associate
whew, thats been a un-fun 2.5 hrs swapping out graphic cards!

Was really impressed that my Zotac arrived today as I figured from Gibbs statements it would likely be end of the week and maybe even into next week, but it was picked and packed Monday about 2 am. If only the installation was as simple!

It started off badly in that I couldn't reach the little release tab to get my old gtx970 out! Damn big Noctua with dual fans was in the way! I guess it goes to show what a good build the old ocuk Typhoon was from late 2014 as i've never had to take the card out before. Thankfully I was able to unclip the fans and just about got some leverage on the tab to release it. Unfortunately removing the fans shone some light on my rather unpleasant heat sink cooler which after 6 years had become very clogged up with dust, that needed cleaning. I suspect but can't be sure that one of the fans was mounted the wrong way round and so both fans were pulling air - surely thats not right and that one should push and the other pull? Of course once I started cleaning I couldn't really stop, so took off all the fans and anything else I could to do a deep clean that normal quick clean couldn't reach.

Getting the new card in was a bit of a pain too, partly due to the cpu cooler, but also the case just seemed determined to be awkward to work with. Then I decided to replace the gpu power line which had 2 6+2 pins daisy chained off a single cable with a single none daisy chained one. I suppose that wasn't necessary, but I dislike exposed power cables dangling in a case.

Finally the moment of truth, reconnected power and all my other external cables and powered on. Everything sounded good, but the monitor complained there was no DP signal! Yikes. Trying not to panic I remembered I'd always had a problem with this build since I got in from ocuk in that whenever you disconnect the power lead or turn off the power at the mains it had a tendency to think that the overclokcing had failed and would reboot automatically into some other type of bios screen. Problem was that other screen doesn't seem to like DP output or at least it didn't this time and i got no picture. Thankfully the card and monitor both support HDML and switching to that and rebooting let me access the boot options.

So everything appears to be good now, though i'm convinced the colors have changed and I can see jpeg artifacts on my wallpaper that I'd not noticed before - lol.
Obviously going to run some tests and monitor temps, especially on the cpu to see if flipping the fan round makes much of a difference.

Finaly well I can't help but be disappointed at the price I had to pay for the card, I do commend OCUK for the efforts in getting them to customers and the prompt delivery when we know the warehouse is under pressure. Since ordering I tried 3-4 times to make an order from various stock drops I got notifications for, but while a few places may still have slightly better prices I've never got as far as entering payment details, let alone snagging a FE. Its my suspicion we have not finished seeing price rises on these in the uk nor will there be a return to good stock availability any time soon, which is why i jumped on the zotac when I got the chance.

Associate
The Adrenalin 21.1.1 drivers with the 6800XT finally seem to let you set zero rpm with a custom fan curve. Don't know if that's the same for all cards but my 5700XT's last gasp earlier today still didn't let that happen.
Able to keep it at zero rpm all the way up to 60 degrees whilst non-gaming, and it hovers around low-mid 50's with my case fans at 20% generating next to no noise.

Must start actually pushing it rather than spending all the time seeing how low it can go...

Associate
Was about 10 minutes away from getting my 6800XT today. It was shipped along with my 3070 that I had ordered first assuming I wouldn't be able to get the 6800xt in the flurry of activity. I had tried to cancel the 3070 order after securing the 6800xt using the web form but received only a confirmation that both had shipped. I was fine with receiving both and shipping the 3070 back had I received it.

10 minutes to delivery, OC decided to honor my request to cancel my 3070. Right at that moment they told DPD to return the parcel to the depot to be returned to OC. But, in doing so, they requested DPD to return all of the items being sent to me. That included my 6800xt as well.

I tried calling and emailing to have the delivery go through but no response from OC. I still want my 6800xt and did not request for that order to be cancelled. I don't want OC to decide I didn't want the 6800xt as well and then refund both orders when the parcels return to their depot tomorrow.

I'm a very sad boy right now.

Associate
I just ordered a Sapphire radeon 6800 nitro + from OC as I saw they had a few in stock. They also had quite a few 6900xt's in stock but I couldn't justify spending £1200+ on a GPU.

Ideally if I could have got a 6800xt or a rtx 3080 I would but from what I understand the 6800 is still a very good card (comparable to the 3070) so I can't complain too much.

The only thing that concerned me was whether Sapphire are a good brand or not? Does anyone already have the nitro + 6800 and is it good in terms of performance/noise/temps?

Soldato
I just ordered a Sapphire radeon 6800 nitro + from OC as I saw they had a few in stock. They also had quite a few 6900xt's in stock but I couldn't justify spending £1200+ on a GPU.

Ideally if I could have got a 6800xt or a rtx 3080 I would but from what I understand the 6800 is still a very good card (comparable to the 3070) so I can't complain too much.

The only thing that concerned me was whether Sapphire are a good brand or not? Does anyone already have the nitro + 6800 and is it good in terms of performance/noise/temps?

Sapphire are probably one of the best AIB's that manufacture AMD cards.

Associate
Sapphire are probably one of the best AIB's that manufacture AMD cards.
Cool that puts my heart at ease somewhat, this is my first gaming pc and its been a bit of a roller coaster getting various parts, I just need the GPU to come and order a MB and then I can finally put all my parts which have been collecting dust together lol.

Still not that happy with the price if im honest but its the same everywhere and there's talk of the cards going up in price again...I just have to accept that the original price of the 6800 (£520) is a dream and £700+ is the real msrp

Soldato
Cool that puts my heart at ease somewhat, this is my first gaming pc and its been a bit of a roller coaster getting various parts, I just need the GPU to come and order a MB and then I can finally put all my parts which have been collecting dust together lol.

Still not that happy with the price if im honest but its the same everywhere and there's talk of the cards going up in price again...I just have to accept that the original price of the 6800 (£520) is a dream and £700+ is the real msrp

That price is for the GPUs directly from AMD which are pretty rare! I've yet to see any availability in the UK for them.
The Asian cards are generally about £100 dearer than the manufacturers cards.

Associate
Was about 10 minutes away from getting my 6800XT today. It was shipped along with my 3070 that I had ordered first assuming I wouldn't be able to get the 6800xt in the flurry of activity. I had tried to cancel the 3070 order after securing the 6800xt using the web form but received only a confirmation that both had shipped. I was fine with receiving both and shipping the 3070 back had I received it.

10 minutes to delivery, OC decided to honor my request to cancel my 3070. Right at that moment they told DPD to return the parcel to the depot to be returned to OC. But, in doing so, they requested DPD to return all of the items being sent to me. That included my 6800xt as well.

I tried calling and emailing to have the delivery go through but no response from OC. I still want my 6800xt and did not request for that order to be cancelled. I don't want OC to decide I didn't want the 6800xt as well and then refund both orders when the parcels return to their depot tomorrow.

That is unfortunate but the webform states -
Please note, all items on your order will be cancelled by default. If you wish to cancel a specific product(s), please send a webnote and do not use this form.

I think your best hope now is to ring the moment they open tomorrow to try and sort something out and re-grab you 6800XT.

Associate

Just did the exact same thing as you buddy. Would also of preferred 6800 XT but they were out of stock and I've been without GPU since selling my 2080 in September. I THINK we'll be fine with the 6800 for this gen as long as we don't try to game at 4K. ;)

Sapphire Nitro should be a goodun! 6800 gets looked over but it's the best value card of this generation IMO...

Last edited:
Associate

Replaced my rx 5700 sappire with the Sapphire radeon 6800 nitro + not mutch slower than the 6800xt installed it yesterday well imprest ;):p:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom