• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

In a few mins you will have a chance to grab a 6800 or 3060Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Just snagged me a Sapphire Radeon RX 6800 Pulse from OC, 10+ in stock when I ordered. Looking forward to replacing my venerable Vega 56 with something that'll give my gaming experience and with a Oculus 2 VR a boost...

Associate
Just snagged me a Sapphire Radeon RX 6800 Pulse from OC, 10+ in stock when I ordered. Looking forward to replacing my venerable Vega 56 with something that'll give my gaming experience and with a Oculus 2 VR a boost...

hehe me as well , should get 300 for our vega 56's so the £700 is a bit more pallatable.

Soldato
Will the prices of the 6800xt cards actually go down in a few months you think or are these prices here to stay?

here to stay till at least June. It will be just like last year where certain tech was out of stock for months, eg Switch, Quest etc. drove prices up. Until you see 10+ of everything in stock for 2/3 months then ask the question again.

Associate
here to stay till at least June. It will be just like last year where certain tech was out of stock for months, eg Switch, Quest etc. drove prices up. Until you see 10+ of everything in stock for 2/3 months then ask the question again.

Really not sure if I should just wait a few months, im getting decent fps on the new rig with a 970 installed. The idea of paying 250+ seems off.

Associate
Just did the exact same thing as you buddy. Would also of preferred 6800 XT but they were out of stock and I've been without GPU since selling my 2080 in September. I THINK we'll be fine with the 6800 for this gen as long as we don't try to game at 4K. ;)

Sapphire Nitro should be a goodun! 6800 gets looked over but it's the best value card of this generation IMO...

Well I dont mind playing 4k at 30 fps (coming from console gaming 30-60 fps is the norm for me lol) looking at some videos for the card it seems to do quite well even at 4k provided Ray Tracing isnt set to high. 6800xt seems to have gone up in price more than the 6800 (seems to be between £200-300 difference) not sure its worth that much more tbh

Replaced my rx 5700 sappire with the Sapphire radeon 6800 nitro + not mutch slower than the 6800xt installed it yesterday well imprest ;):p:cool:

Nice good to hear, now I just need to buy a motherboard, trying to contact OC to see if they can do the bios update for me on an x570 Tomahawk (bit scared to do it myself)

Associate
I can see 3070 Vision OCs have been showing as in stock since 8am this morning and still showing stock. Not sure if it was an error on Overclockers side as surely they would be sold out by now? Or, is it placing you in a pre-order queue rather than actually showing they have stock right now?

Associate
Really not sure if I should just wait a few months, im getting decent fps on the new rig with a 970 installed. The idea of paying 250+ seems off.
I had this same thought mate, whether to wait or buy the cards now, but I have been hearing rumours that the prices may go up again (after all the cards are still being sold almost immediately). I guess even if they do go down in a couple of months to a year they may still be above the original MSRP (may only go down a bit in price)

The key difference is this is my first gaming PC so I dont have an existing GPU that I can sit on and wait so was forced to buy now. If you have a perfectly operational card that does what you need it might be worth waiting a while

Associate
I can see 3070 Vision OCs have been showing as in stock since 8am this morning and still showing stock. Not sure if it was an error on Overclockers side as surely they would be sold out by now? Or, is it placing you in a pre-order queue rather than actually showing they have stock right now?

OC not doing pre-orders anymore after the 3080 avalanche and crazy admin. which followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom