In Death : Unchained

Underboss
cant find the thread (sorry for starting a new one)

bought this ages ago , and I wasn't very good, not getting very far

as i was new to the game, every time i started the game again , map seemed to change, and it was getting hard rather too quickly, i.e. start the game , and i get bombarded with all 3 types of enemies, so i gave up

tonight, i reinstalled it and gave it another go

now i understand it a lot more, i managed to get past purgatory and onto the next bit, wow, boss fight !, yes i died ! lol

at least now i know that the map does change, but the game feels very glitchy, i get enemies spawning in front of me sometimes, and off the map where you can walk

couldn't believe how many achievement i just picked up and over 4000 gold! nice !

but that boss , ****

Underboss
OP
I am actually really enjoying this

what a great game
needs a co-op mode ! :D

So not sure how to "save" as i was on the 2nd part, where i died, started back on the first level again :(

i know there are save points (like at the shop)

Soldato
You can save whenyou quit but not to recover progress after death.

You can skip sections after you unlock it i believe, but the first section at least tends to be a net gain for me, so not worth skipping.

Soldato
This is one of my most played games on the Quest 2. I loved the original PC version and though obviously it's a graphics downgrade, the Quest 2 is better, as the PC version was abandoned by its developer.

The more you play it the better you get and eventually you're like a medieval version of John Wick, teleporting around and headshotting enemies one after the other. I still haven't completed the final boss, or unlocked all the unlockables.

Soldato
The first boss has a ton of buddies that constantly spawn. Basically ignore them and fill him with arrows, preferably exploding ones.

If you have the arrows that create like a cone of damage, save them for the next level, if you get the ones that can home in on enemies, definitely save them for the next level too.

Underboss
OP
thanks

that level i see is 2 massive flying things that throw balls of fire at you, and a skeleton bow man keeps appearing and side steps so quick and fires rounds after rounds a lot quicker than the Rogues
i nearly managed to kill one giant boss, but died

Soldato
thanks

that level i see is 2 massive flying things that throw balls of fire at you, and a skeleton bow man keeps appearing and side steps so quick and fires rounds after rounds a lot quicker than the Rogues
i nearly managed to kill one giant boss, but died

Are you entering the portal defended by ghosts?

I never really bothered with that.

Underboss
OP
yeah, its the only one that i see now

i tried ignore it once, and tried to continue past it, but you couldn't, i had no choice the first time i saw it
so frustrating

every time you play the map it changes, its weird lol

Soldato
yeah, its the only one that i see now

i tried ignore it once, and tried to continue past it, but you couldn't, i had no choice the first time i saw it
so frustrating

every time you play the map it changes, its weird lol

?

You can just walk on straight past it, and go to the next section?

I may be confused as to where exactly you are.

Underboss
OP
to be honest, the whole game is confusing, good fun though !

when i die, it starts again, go though the door, it drops behind you and the map is different from last time, so i just keep going until i find i cant go anymore, have to go through the teleport thing (not the shop)

Soldato
to be honest, the whole game is confusing, good fun though !

when i die, it starts again, go though the door, it drops behind you and the map is different from last time, so i just keep going until i find i cant go anymore, have to go through the teleport thing (not the shop)

OK, assuming you're doing the normal game.

You go through the door, you're on a stone walkway with church/cathedral like vibes. I think there's like 3 sections, between each one a shop. Then you go up some broken stones into a floating area, lots of monks shooting at you from above and level. Go into the tunnels underneath, and then there's a mirror like portal (lots of zombie types just infront of it). Then you go to the boss fight, who's a big guy stood there, when you drop down he turns around and monks start appearing in the alcoves around the sides.

No flying fireball types?

Soldato
I am really dissapointed all the new content in "unchained" never made it to the PC version. I feel like I paid for half a game. I can't bring myself to buy an inferior (technically) version but it does sound like it's extra content is decent

Soldato
The original In-Death was developed by Solfar, but they abandoned the game. Superbright bought the rights and produced the Quest version, so it's an entirely different studio making it now. Unfortunately they don't seem to be interested in a PC version.

Also, the developer Superbright have announced an entirely new level and additional features to be released free soon. I just wish I could beat the third boss, Asmodius. If you think the others are hard...

Back
Top Bottom