'Incident' on Tube - District Line

Soldato
People seem to forget this case is totally different to the previous ones this year, the suspects are alive.

There is likely to be criminal proceedings and information needs to be handled accordingly.

Soldato
Until last year when they voted to tighten the rules Sweden have had a very open door policy to refugees and migrants, probably the most open in Europe. As a result crime rates increased particularly sexual assaults and violence. The most heavily populated migrant areas such as Malmo now have an epidemic of hand grenade attacks and shootings which the authorities are struggling to control.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Soldato

Interesting, I will have a look into the background of this. I'm sure the stats I saw came from the UN so someone is massaging the truth.

By their own admission, this does stand out:

According to the most recent study, people from foreign backgrounds are 2.5 times more likely to be suspected of crimes than people born in Sweden to Swedish-born parents

Last edited:
Permabanned
I've heard this tune before and, to be honest, there should be a special place in insane asylums for people who claim the richest, most diverse and developed, with the best social safety net, social mobility and happiness levels, region on the planet is dying because some immigrants come from a different cultural backround and are slow to intergrate.

Areas like Wythenshawe in Greater Manchester, and Winsford in Cheshire are dumps because they were used as Liverpool overspill areas where problem families were set up in Council houses. Even 50 years later they are still dumps with rife crime and social issues with drugs. Nothing good comes to an area or a country when people of low self esteem, criminality, or with scant regard to human life, women and social niceties are allowed to enter en masse. When the situation is so bad a government has to clamp down on honest public discussion of the ills, as in Sweden, it is patently obvious the situation is dire and the authorities know it. How anyone can see any good in mass migration for economic reasons, with little or no border control and paperless people entering in their hundreds of thousands I don't know. I can only assume arrogance forbids them to admit mass integration of people of disparate lifestyles on a gargantuan scale has failed to work, and they clutch on to their foolish ideas against all the facts.

Soldato
Interesting, I will have a look into the background of this. I'm sure the stats I saw came from the UN so someone is massaging the truth.

By their own admission, this does stand out:

You didn't get those ideas from the UN you got them from the likes of Breitbart or Daily Mail and you didn't fact check the info because you weren't looking for info, you were trying to validate your own preconceived ideas.

As for the quote, let's not conveniently leave out the next paragraph and then discuss it, shall we?

Permabanned

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
Because the BBC is unbiased non-propaganda news outlet?It's just as credible as the BBC. It has its own agenda to a certain point but I don't see why reporting on an immigration issue in Sweden is non-trustworthy?

You can find a lot of the same content on the BBC re grenade attacks, exporting terror, immigrant riots, etc.

Code:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.dn.se%2Fnyheter%2Fsverige%2Fsverige-har-fatt-fler-problemomraden-krisstamning-inom-polisledningen%2F&oq=cache%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.dn.se%2Fnyheter%2Fsverige%2Fsverige-har-fatt-fler-problemomraden-krisstamning-inom-polisledningen%2F&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i58j69i60.1092j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

The article's based on a 2017 Swedish police report, so you can follow it through to the source.

Soldato
You didn't get those ideas from the UN you got them from the likes of Breitbart or Daily Mail and you didn't fact check the info because you weren't looking for info, you were trying to validate your own preconceived ideas.

As for the quote, let's not conveniently leave out the next paragraph and then discuss it, shall we?

Wow, I think it’is you who is jumping to conclusions. I have never ever been a reader of Brietbart or the mail, the only times I have been to those sites is when people have linked to them on here. Anyone who knows me knows I’ve primarily read the Guardian website for years. I saw Douglas Murray in an interview on C4 news and thought what he had to say was interesting. Had spare credits and got his book on audible. I will check but I’m sure it said UN figures for Sweden. It is clear that these figures are in question now and I am happy to completely retract what I said on that about Sweden if true.

On the second point, poverty is cited by the authorities as a cause for these migrants being involved in crime. This is something that can be debated as the cause. However it’s clear that mass migration to some of these places has been a detriment to them. The police in their own report cite that these places are challenging. Who would want high unemployment, high crime areas created in their country?

Soldato
Because the BBC is unbiased non-propaganda news outlet?It's just as credible as the BBC. It has its own agenda to a certain point but I don't see why reporting on an immigration issue in Sweden is non-trustworthy?

Someone smuggled grenades from the Balkans into Sweden, sold them to people involved in organised crime and now they are used for intimidation (only one casualty since 2014, probably accidental). The Russian propaganda machine, along with some of the right wing news outlets, spinned it into "IMMIGRANTS ARE BLOWING UP SWEDEN WITH GRENADES!". It's classical case of actual news turning into fake news, getting spread and then getting mentioned casually as fact (which is what you and MookJong have just done).

While some immigrants have been behind hand-grenade attacks, Gerell dismisses the argument that immigrants are driving a crime wave. “It’s a bit more complicated than that,” he says, adding that though there was a record influx of immigrants, “In Malmö, crime overall has actually been falling in the past five years.”

https://qz.com/886244/open-borders-...-are-being-blamed-for-a-crime-wave-in-sweden/

Wow, I think it’is you who is jumping to conclusions. I have never ever been a reader of Brietbart or the mail, the only times I have been to those sites is when people have linked to them on here. Anyone who knows me knows I’ve primarily read the Guardian website for years. I saw Douglas Murray in an interview on C4 news and thought what he had to say was interesting. Had spare credits and got his book on audible. I will check but I’m sure it said UN figures for Sweden. It is clear that these figures are in question now and I am happy to completely retract what I said on that about Sweden if true.

On the second point, poverty is cited by the authorities as a cause for these migrants being involved in crime. This is something that can be debated as the cause. However it’s clear that mass migration to some of these places has been a detriment to them. The police in their own report cite that these places are challenging. Who would want high unemployment, high crime areas created in their country?

It's not about the figures, yes the number of grenade attacks have increased dramatically but the acts have little/nothing to do with the immigrants/refugees Sweden has taken in, they were not terrorist attacks and the ones responsible were mostly gang members.

Soldato
also you know Sweden fixed its numbers by no longer recording the nationality of attackers

I remember they also "fixed" the stats by changing the facts on other matters too to try to hide the true extent of the problems they face in the country, like rape by refugees and other crimes by them.

Back
Top Bottom