'Incident' on Tube - District Line

Soldato
Well if you saw the C4 news - various solutions proposed
Boris has been speaking to silicon Valley/Mark so we will able to round up anyone with links.
Diane Abbott wants funding for more community policeman back on the streets.
Syad khan complains about reduced funding even though Cressda says it is fine

- found it all contemptuous, plus
One of the witnesses describe how they quickly felt better to be able to take mobile phone coverage.
C4 résumé of recent terrorist events read out like an Arnando Iannucci parody

... is there a credible news resource any more ?

Caporegime
Enough is enough. Time to take a hard stand. Start rounding anyone with any links up and then decide if they are innocent. I don't want any more people being put at risk anymore. We got lucky that's all
"decide if they are innocent"?

Um, ok. It was fun when it was "innocent until proven guilty," but never mind.

Associate
Everyone who has shopped at lidl to be rounded up, ask questions later?

Add Aldi to the list aswell.

I was just telling my family a few days everything has gone quiet and everyone has forgotten about the attacks and how it's only going to be a matter of time before the next one then we will get the same vigils over and over again and nothing will change!

Soldato
Add Aldi to the list aswell.

I was just telling my family a few days everything has gone quiet and everyone has forgotten about the attacks and how it's only going to be a matter of time before the next one then we will get the same vigils over and over again and nothing will change!

Yep, get used to it and just hope you or your family are not caught in one, on the other hand, keep your eyes open when in vulnerable places, get out of the mentality of "oh it wont happen to me" and try to be prepared for these things.

Caporegime
Imagine being so inept that not only are you unable to get along in society to an extent that you decide to try to blow some people up, but then also can't even get the bomb to work. The IRA these guys are not.

Soldato
So glad that the injuries seem to be minor burns and nothing more *fingers crossed*. I travelled past that area on the mainline from Waterloo to Staines this morning on the way to VMwareUK. Closest call I've had with terrorism.

And aye, too much oxygen is always given to these incidents.

That's my usual train to work, happened to be meeting a friend in central for coffee earlier than usual this morning so missed it. It shouldn't, but it obviously affects you a lot more when it is this close to home. The tube journey home I actually really felt quite anxious

Associate
As I said, the world isn't ready yet, but eventually believing in magical stories made up hundreds of years ago will be seen as a mental illness rather than religious faith. As a result, there will be fewer people out there willing to kill and discriminate against their fellow humans because of what it says in some old text.

If I said that in 1000 years, Game of Thrones will be seen as a historical record and people believe that there were dragons, wouldn't you agree that this is ridiculous?

personally i think we are going to go into a new deeply religious era shortly, atheism has only resulted in complete moral decay.

Associate
That's my usual train to work, happened to be meeting a friend in central for coffee earlier than usual this morning so missed it. It shouldn't, but it obviously affects you a lot more when it is this close to home. The tube journey home I actually really felt quite anxious

What would make you feel less anxious? Obviously, nothing will be done to make you safer but it would be interesting to hear from someone directly affected by this.

Soldato

Don't beat yourself up. Totally normal, I remember being in London directly after 7/7 and I work a stone's throw from London bridge, cycle it daily intact. Being on edge when you know the probabilities feels foolish but you know what it's totally understandable. The ones who spout statistics tend to be those furthest from risk. Having said that, I may not be a resident but I love London, and no chump with an axe to grind is going to force me out.

Caporegime
I was on the Circle/H&C line this evening out of Paddington. Didn't really notice any difference in the mood of people, if anything it was all a bit more upbeat.

Soldato
We could cut public funding to any organisation with a religious objective, stop planning permission for places of collective worship and remove the charitable status of all religious organisations. For a start.

Amateur hour. Stalin failed to stamp out religion in the Soviet Union. And he had the backing of an entire doctrine that was anti-religion. And you think planning permission will help?

And that's just addressing it on the practical likelihood of managing it. I haven't even touched the moral problems with trying to control people's beliefs.

Back
Top Bottom