Indiana Jones and the Great Circle (2024)

Opps double post I mean Raiders.

Anyhow I think as long as Disney execs stay a vastly measured distance away from the game development and plot then i think it'll be the best thing that'll come out representing the Indy franchise in a long time.

Crusade did.
Most of the Indy films have had strong willed female characters, Marion was certainly no push over for example, even Willie in Temple of Doom (despite her whining) was stubborn as hell. Oddly there was quite a difference imo between the portrayal of the characters of Marion and Willie compared to Helena - who was actually just annoying. Perhaps an example of how Hollywood used to do strong female characters well (Ripley, Vasquez, Clarice, Sarah Connor) whereas somehow, someway, often a modern take of the strong female character is plain annoying. No idea why that is, might need the thoughts of a script writer or film connoisseur to explain that.

I played the India Jones and the Emperor's Tomb game from 2003 just a few years back. Played it right through to the end and really enjoyed myself. Plays it bit like the original Tomb Raider games. £4.99 on GOG if you're interested.

Indiana Jones and The Great Circle probably use new id Tech 8 engine. id Tech 7 engine was released back in 2020 with Doom Eternal.

That's fantastic, this game engine is amazing and more games need to use it. It means this game should end up having superb performance

Last Indiana Jones game I played was Fate of Atlantis; absolute classic. I'll definitely give this ago, although the facial animation looks a bit "off"...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom