Indiana Jones and the Great Circle (2024)

Most of the Indy films have had strong willed female characters, Marion was certainly no push over for example, even Willie in Temple of Doom (despite her whining) was stubborn as hell. Oddly there was quite a difference imo between the portrayal of the characters of Marion and Willie compared to Helena - who was actually just annoying. Perhaps an example of how Hollywood used to do strong female characters well (Ripley, Vasquez, Clarice, Sarah Connor) whereas somehow, someway, often a modern take of the strong female character is plain annoying. No idea why that is, might need the thoughts of a script writer or film connoisseur to explain that.
It's quite possibly because Ripley et al are strong characters and just get on with it whereas the annoying ones tend to be strong but sometimes feel the need to make some sort of announcement that they are strong and/or often have to belittle other characters whilst showing how strong they are.

Marion was hella tough!

Uncharted: The Indy Years.
Unchartered the first game and I guess the entire series was such a rip off from Indy franchise it made me enjoy it less just seeing it while playing. Good games but clearly a rip job to ol'Grandpa Indiana Jones.

Speaking of movies, why on earth have Disney not made a movie version of Fate of Atlantis, like seriously that would have been a much better plot then anything they have actually done with Indy to screen since Temple.

I remember Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade as a kid - would be awesome if there's a semi-deep level of mystery solving/puzzles along those lines.

Can't wait to experience those whip physics!

This could either be really good or bad by looking at that trailer.... Is the game on rails?

Back
Top Bottom