Insanely annoyed at the RMA proccess with Superflower

Soldato
Am going to vent how annoyed I am on the forums today, I sent away my 1200w Superflower platinum for a faulty/coilwhine fan.

However, After waiting 3 weeks I got this email:

Dear Darren Crighton ,

The product CA-007-SF on RMA283792 has been returned to you. It has been rejected for the following reason.

"Warranty void sticker is damaged/tampered with. WARRANTY VOID"

How is my warranty sticker damaged/tampered with, I have never ever opened a power supply, Unless I wanted to kill myself and be rather stupid about it. Am going to go ahead and demand I get a replacement, I will take a photo of this warranty sticky when I get it back but I can assure everyone that it has never been moved or touched.

Anyone any other ideas of what I can do about the issue? I mean overclockers would have never sent this item away if it wasn't clearly faulty... So I don't get it.

Soldato
OP
Well then, After trying to speak to someone via chat, They ended the chat with "Looks like it" to my question of "Someones clearly tampered with the sticker while its been away".

Now I love overclockers, I've been buying from them for the past 4 years but today has really pushed my buttons.

If they are refusing to fix the issue, The only thing I'll have left to do is open the powersupply myself to fix it and most likely kill myself during the proccess.

What a waste of 200 quid, Won't be buying anything superflower for a very long time...

Soldato
OP
I've not used the chat service, but I have found their phone manner to be very.....lets say uninterested.

I hope you get it sorted, that's a bummer!

I really didn't want to call them myself about them but I may have too, I've never opened a power supply and I know a lot of the stuff still holds a lot of charge after being turned off.

Am quite scared to change the fan inside it cause if something slips, It won't be a nice day. But... I really don't want to waste such a non cheap PSU.

That and I ordered a 980 TI and well they recommend a 600W psu, I have a 650W psu but I run watercooling and I overclock a lot, I don't think its gonna be enough sadly...

Soldato
OP
What's the unit & rest of your spec?

Uh...

Soon to be 980 TI, Running a 980 at the moment.

Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
16 GB DDR 3 Corsair Ram at 1.5v 1866mhz
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz (Overclocked to 4.7 Ghz at 1.31V
650 W Corsair RM PSU.

I also run a water pump, I have 3 Rads and around 12 fans running too. I aim to overclock my 980TI as well, As I believe this is going to push the 650 w PSU to its limit and would never ever have been a issue if they had fixed my 1200w psu.

Soldato
OP
Post in the CS Forum? Maybe 5Sub or one of the other CS guys will be able to help or at least get an explanation of their motivation.

So is Overclockers saying that ANY damage to the warranty void label they will not replace/repair? What if it gets slightly scratched when installing/removing? It is after all just a label.

I believe so, I would never touch a PSU in my life unless I was 100% force to do so. The superflower warrentys last almost forever so why would I ever open it when I could just get it fixed for free?

I will be taking a photo of the warranty sticker when I get my box back, If it's been touched/changed I will tell you now I will not be a happy bunny.

Soldato
OP
Hey, I'm sure it'll be fixed, assuming the sticker hasn't been tampered with. Good luck

Did you not read the first post? They rejected my claim. It's coming back as broken as it went away.

Am going to need to fix it myself, Am hoping the fan inside the PSU is removable...

Soldato
OP
So update on this, Got my PSU back today. Same old, Nothing has changed...

HOWEVER, I don't know what to say about the warranty sticker, Most of it looks like wear and tear crap, Am really not happy cause you can clearly see that if a tool was placed into that hole the F wouldn't be clearly seen...

20150603_191302.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

Well they lied to you or myself because when I sent it to overclockers, They told me they checked it, I believe they would have checked the warranty label and saw everything was in check and returned it to the manufacturer.

Dear Darren Crighton ,

The product CA-007-SF on RMA283792 has been sent back to manufacturer for repair or replacement. It will be returned to you as soon as we receive it.

Please be aware it can take up to 28 working days to receive a repair / replacement from the manufacturer.

Further email confirmation will be sent when the item is returned to you.

Why would you send a PSU you clearly checked for damages back to the manufacturer if the warranty is void, Do you not get it? Am pretty sure Super flower has really done me and voided that sticker before because it was fine when I sent it and by the sounds of it, Fine when overclockers sent it.

Soldato
OP
Not going against you here Techen but that screw has been removed. By you or someone else im unsure but the full screw is usually underneath the label and if the screw is visible then the warranty is void.

Im unsure why you would open a superflower as they're fully modular so im more than likely to say someone else did it but unsure why or how

Am unsure why anyone would open a PSU thats under warranty, It's free to get replaced, So... Don't get me wrong but would I have any reasons to open it? :p

Would I have spent 14 quid for postage to send a item I knew was already going to fail warranty? Naw, This is why am a unhappy bunny.

Soldato
OP
You can see the sticker stuck to the edges of the screw. No idea how it got in that state in the first place but it doesn't appear to have been removed.

It would take a fair bit of force to push down and then twist the screw free, This would shove the sticker right down to the bottom of it. CLEARLY, It is not. So in my eyes, This is still in warranty. I do agree with you, I feel like someones got a pen down the line and poked it in... Sigh.

Soldato
OP
So, Overclockers now claims it has been tampered with and there is nothing they can do. So much for them handling RMA's for super flower.

So there you go guys, I would recommend anyone buying a Super Flower to be wary of there returns policy and note that Overclockers has no part to play in the replacement of those Power Supplies.

I'll update this thread as am now forced to replace the stupid fan myself, Anyone curious as to if this is possible, Watch this space.

Soldato
OP
Thank you for all the support, As I said, I tried OCUK support/calls/chats and they refuse to help stating its "NOT OUR PROBLEM"

Quote from the thread I made in supports:

"Hi there

Unfortunately this does count as warranty void unfortunately as the sticker has been tampered with.

Unfortunately we have to reject this RMA.

Sorry if this causes a problem

Bailey"

So, I went ahead and opened it. Seen here.

20150604_155123.jpg

20150604_155135.jpg

20150604_155128.jpg

and before and afters.

20150603_191302.jpg

Cleary from this photo, THIS IS WHAT IT WOULD LOOK LIKE, If I forced my tool in there to unscrew it... Yea.... Seems legit.

20150604_155914.jpg

Soldato
OP
Am not entire sure what to do about the 2 pin fan, Am guessing I can turn a 3 pin fan into a 2 pin fan but am no pro to this, Infact I don't really like it open or anywhere near me. But am not wasting a 200 quid PSU so yea, Lovely.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the support guys, I suggest if you have access to your superflower to try and pad the sticker, It grinds off real easy against a metal surface IE a case.

Anyway, People that are curious how I got on with the fan replacement.

20150607_184817.jpg

20150607_184822.jpg

20150607_184604.jpg

100% works, NO MORE COIL WHINE!. Can't even hear it anymore, Totally amazing. But yea, The chances of me ever getting the case sorted for my PSU are gone now that I pushed my new fan in there.

Am still really upset that OCUK refuse to talk to me if I metion the words RMA and Super Flower, There customer support is pretty poor in my eyes. But, Eh. It's fixed now thanks to me and not OCUK thats for sure...

Back
Top Bottom