Insanely annoyed at the RMA proccess with Superflower

Soldato
Am going to vent how annoyed I am on the forums today, I sent away my 1200w Superflower platinum for a faulty/coilwhine fan.

However, After waiting 3 weeks I got this email:

Dear Darren Crighton ,

The product CA-007-SF on RMA283792 has been returned to you. It has been rejected for the following reason.

"Warranty void sticker is damaged/tampered with. WARRANTY VOID"

How is my warranty sticker damaged/tampered with, I have never ever opened a power supply, Unless I wanted to kill myself and be rather stupid about it. Am going to go ahead and demand I get a replacement, I will take a photo of this warranty sticky when I get it back but I can assure everyone that it has never been moved or touched.

Anyone any other ideas of what I can do about the issue? I mean overclockers would have never sent this item away if it wasn't clearly faulty... So I don't get it.

Soldato
OP
Well then, After trying to speak to someone via chat, They ended the chat with "Looks like it" to my question of "Someones clearly tampered with the sticker while its been away".

Now I love overclockers, I've been buying from them for the past 4 years but today has really pushed my buttons.

If they are refusing to fix the issue, The only thing I'll have left to do is open the powersupply myself to fix it and most likely kill myself during the proccess.

What a waste of 200 quid, Won't be buying anything superflower for a very long time...

Soldato
OP
I've not used the chat service, but I have found their phone manner to be very.....lets say uninterested.

I hope you get it sorted, that's a bummer!

I really didn't want to call them myself about them but I may have too, I've never opened a power supply and I know a lot of the stuff still holds a lot of charge after being turned off.

Am quite scared to change the fan inside it cause if something slips, It won't be a nice day. But... I really don't want to waste such a non cheap PSU.

That and I ordered a 980 TI and well they recommend a 600W psu, I have a 650W psu but I run watercooling and I overclock a lot, I don't think its gonna be enough sadly...

Soldato
Post in the CS Forum? Maybe 5Sub or one of the other CS guys will be able to help or at least get an explanation of their motivation.

So is Overclockers saying that ANY damage to the warranty void label they will not replace/repair? What if it gets slightly scratched when installing/removing? It is after all just a label.

Associate
Bad press is not worth it.. better to give customer benefit of doubt..who in their sane mind would open a powersupply...under warranty..
lesson learnt ..take loads of pictures before rma.

Soldato
OP
What's the unit & rest of your spec?

Uh...

Soon to be 980 TI, Running a 980 at the moment.

Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
16 GB DDR 3 Corsair Ram at 1.5v 1866mhz
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz (Overclocked to 4.7 Ghz at 1.31V
650 W Corsair RM PSU.

I also run a water pump, I have 3 Rads and around 12 fans running too. I aim to overclock my 980TI as well, As I believe this is going to push the 650 w PSU to its limit and would never ever have been a issue if they had fixed my 1200w psu.

Soldato
OP
Post in the CS Forum? Maybe 5Sub or one of the other CS guys will be able to help or at least get an explanation of their motivation.

So is Overclockers saying that ANY damage to the warranty void label they will not replace/repair? What if it gets slightly scratched when installing/removing? It is after all just a label.

I believe so, I would never touch a PSU in my life unless I was 100% force to do so. The superflower warrentys last almost forever so why would I ever open it when I could just get it fixed for free?

I will be taking a photo of the warranty sticker when I get my box back, If it's been touched/changed I will tell you now I will not be a happy bunny.

Associate
with a 10yr warranty they cant be bad..

.my preference was sf based on the power delivered below a desired noise ceiling was slightly ahead of evga according to the reviewers (on tthe 1KW at least).

Soldato
OP
Hey, I'm sure it'll be fixed, assuming the sticker hasn't been tampered with. Good luck

Did you not read the first post? They rejected my claim. It's coming back as broken as it went away.

Am going to need to fix it myself, Am hoping the fan inside the PSU is removable...

Soldato
Soldato
I'd post in the forum CS or ask one of the CS heroes like 5UB to help you out, as from what I and some others have found is they are a slightly bit better over there

EVGA SuperNova G2 internally is similar to the Leadex, the only thing to watch out for is the G2 1000W does not have Eco mode

Associate
Did you not read the first post? They rejected my claim. It's coming back as broken as it went away.

Am going to need to fix it myself, Am hoping the fan inside the PSU is removable...

interested to now how you get on with diy fix, incase my sf suffers a problem down the line..

Soldato
OP, how old was the PSU before fault reported?

I thought all SuperFlower returns are via OCUK?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom