Insurance for cycling?

Soldato
Hi does anyone have or recommend a insurance provider for cycling and my bike?

I am looking for one that covers mainly accidents, liability and theft.

I read about the british cycling membership but that doesn't include an actual accident insurance for it.

Soldato
I've looked briefly at this before and got a quote of £505. Then I stopped looking. Possibly foolishly. I'll look at getting them cover under the home insurance.

Soldato
^ Perfectly fine solution if you literally just want to insure the value of a bike(s) secured at and/or away from home.

But if you want liability insurance, personal injury, accessory cover, bike box cover, travel & activity insurance, coverage whilst racing etc etc then a simple home policy won't be that comprehensive.

British Cycling do offer Liability Insurance as part of their paid for packages which start at about £25 a year if I recall.

Soldato
I've looked briefly at this before and got a quote of £505. Then I stopped looking. Possibly foolishly. I'll look at getting them cover under the home insurance.

depends on the value of your bike(s), my home cover standard protection for bikes doesn't even come close to covering it without loading the premium. riddled with other limitations and lacking features too.

Soldato
I was with the AA last year for home insurance and they insured the bikes for a decent price. I cant remember all the specifics.

I'll probably do the same with my new insurer and get the BC liability cover. I had it a few years ago but didn't renew.

Soldato
15.5% of the value of your bike.

Jumps to 61% of the value for a bike worth £100. But I guess that end of the market wont be looking for insurance.

Man of Honour
Mine are insured via home insurance, also Aviva. Up to the value of £3500 per bike (more than my bikes are worth) - Away from home (if locked), in a vehicle, full accidental damage etc.
Liability insurance is with whatever CTC is/was called, though probably covered on home insurance policy too.

Back
Top Bottom