Insurgency Sandstorm - Unreal Engine 4

Soldato
Insurgency has never had a single player has it?

They started work on it along with 4 player co-op and then it was cancelled.

snip: The third game in the Insurgency series was to feature an ambitious single-player story mode. The campaign was to feature an Iraqi rebel fighter and her best friend on a personal mission in an Iraqi warzone, accompanied by an American soldier and a French rookie. The campaign was designed to be played either single-player or up to four player-co-op.

Soldato
Been playing this for a while - great fun and the more realistic effects and co-op elements have been popular.

Quite a few bugs with 1.7. SVD with C79 NV gave me just a black scope, Amber NVG's used with SVD with WP Elcan Spectre scope (can't remember what it's called in game) means you are completely blinded when scoped in. Quite a few broken (as in there is no glass) windows where IR laser can penetrate and can blind you up close.

Yeah and a loadout screen bug that means you have to leave and rejoin to get it back. NWI are their own worst enemies sometimes. The AMD FX cpu audio issue in the Unreal Engine build was already known and yet they pushed out a build on it.

Still loving the night maps.

Soldato
I host a dedicated server and it's also worth putting out there how awful the admin guide is. Had to do so much guesswork and trial and error.

Yeah some guys I game with we have our own servers, [NF] and the lad that sets them all up says support is terrible. He had to get another guy running his own to help him at first. Don't understand why they don't do the easy stuff that helps and costs nothing.

Associate
Hate to bump an old thread, but got this game at the weekend for a LAN (socially distanced, so actually more of a WAN) and had a blast. Six of us on voice comms on night maps usuing fairly accurate tactics (4 of us were in the army) was really immersive. Have tried Squad recently, and this feels more like what Squad was trying to be. Great game, just wish it had a single/co-op mode.

Soldato
Hate to bump an old thread, but got this game at the weekend for a LAN (socially distanced, so actually more of a WAN) and had a blast. Six of us on voice comms on night maps usuing fairly accurate tactics (4 of us were in the army) was really immersive. Have tried Squad recently, and this feels more like what Squad was trying to be. Great game, just wish it had a single/co-op mode.

It....does. I play co-op almost exclusively. In fact, I think I read somewhere that co-op actually has more players than PvP. And i'm pretty sure if you select "Local Play" on the main menu, you can set up an offline game against the bots, too.
Unless you mean a proper single player campaign?

Associate
It....does. I play co-op almost exclusively. In fact, I think I read somewhere that co-op actually has more players than PvP. And i'm pretty sure if you select "Local Play" on the main menu, you can set up an offline game against the bots, too.
Unless you mean a proper single player campaign?
Yeah sorry, I was more meaning single player, but with co-op options more similar to games like Sniper Elite 4 where another player can join you for specific missions. I do love the 8 player vs bots mode.

Soldato
Yeah sorry, I was more meaning single player, but with co-op options more similar to games like Sniper Elite 4 where another player can join you for specific missions. I do love the 8 player vs bots mode.

Ahh I see. Yeah, they did initially plan a single player game I think, but it never made it to release.

Back
Top Bottom