Insurgency Sandstorm - Unreal Engine 4

Soldato
Very surprised they isn't a thread already for this game. Coming out 2018

INSURGENCY: SANDSTORM
Insurgency041920.jpg

What is Insurgency: Sandstorm?

Insurgency: Sandstorm is the next installment of the Insurgency series coming to Windows, Mac, Linux, Xbox One, and PS4. Built on Unreal Engine 4, it retains the classic hardcore gameplay Insurgency is known for and expands upon it further with new features like larger environments, light driveable vehicles, competitive matchmaking support, and more.

Is Insurgency: Sandstorm a free update or a new game?

Insurgency: Sandstorm is a new self-contained game that is built on an entirely new game engine, with plenty of brand new features, improved graphics, vehicles, modes and weapons.

When will it be released?

Insurgency: Sandstorm is currently slated for a 2018 release date.

Will you be doing an alpha or beta version before release?

Yes, we plan to have a closed alpha by the end of 2017. A beta period will follow the alpha. The details of both these are to be determined, so stay tuned on our social media for any announcements.

Will spamming your inbox increase my chances of getting into the alpha or beta?

No!

What are the minimum system specs?

System specifications for the closed alpha and beta will be released when we release information about the closed alpha application process. Final system specifications are still to be determined. However, if your system is capable of handling other Unreal 4 engine games, it’s most likely capable of handling Insurgency: Sandstorm.

Have you set a price yet?

Pricing and availability will be revealed closer to launch.

Soldato
YES!
Insurgency is one of my most played games, I have full confidence that these guys won't employ any of the modern levelling up, loot driven sewage and will just concentrate on good old gameplay mechanics.

Deffo on my list for 2018.

Soldato
Looks good, although I've never really gelled with Insurgency. Although it has fantastically authentic weapon handling and damage, it still feels very past paced and arena like...same for Day of Infamy. I wonder if this a consequence of the very small maps though, perhaps UE4 might allow for bigger environments? Still, I'm sure it will be well worth a look.

Soldato
Ah I didn’t play much as my friends weren’t sold on it but it’s fun. Only game I’ve played (well now PUBG too) where getting shot at makes me dive for cover

Permabanned
That new PS4 E3 trailer they’ve released has to be one of the most lazily put together trailers I’ve ever seen. I love the original game and will still pick the new one up but the trailer is the absolute definition of an anti hype. If that’s the state of the campaign then it’s no wonder it’s been put on the back burner for now. Completely lacking in any atmosphere whatsoever, very sterile.

On the plus side they managed to anger the weirdo incels by having a female character in the game.

HAz

HAz

Soldato
That new PS4 E3 trailer they’ve released has to be one of the most lazily put together trailers I’ve ever seen. I love the original game and will still pick the new one up but the trailer is the absolute definition of an anti hype. If that’s the state of the campaign then it’s no wonder it’s been put on the back burner for now. Completely lacking in any atmosphere whatsoever, very sterile.

On the plus side they managed to anger the weirdo incels by having a female character in the game.

Agree it used to be how many ethics can we fit into a game now its how many woman can we fit. Though the last of us has gone one better by adding the main playable character a lesbian lol.

Associate
Had high hoped for this, seems to have gone the COD route and away from tactical shooter....shame

I guarantee you it hasn't. It could be considered slower paced than the original Insurgency even.

That trailer gives off the wrong impression and I'm not sure what they were trying to tell people, to someone who doesn't know much about that game it could look like single player but it's not, it's trying to show off multiplayer and it's obviously been structured like acts for a movie.

Associate
There's a lot of subtle features that make it feel just right which separates it from other shooters, all I can suggest is try it for yourself as soon as you get the chance.

Soldato
Having played it, it is definitely still an Insurgency game.

So...are you saying it's a twitch shooter or not? :p
Insurgency had realistic weapons, sound, handling, etc, but it always felt very fast paced to me. Watched a few videos of the new game and it looks like it plays quite similar; not sure it's for me.

Soldato
It's fast paced in that you need quick reactions due to the time to kill being so damn quick, but it's not fast paced in terms of general gameplay if you want to stay alive. Certainly won't get people running around bunny hopping :p
I'd say it's a nice blend of bits of tactical shooters and more twitch like games. Pre-ordered the new one and can't wait to play it :)

Back
Top Bottom