• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.
  • Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Arc series unveiled with the Alchemist dGPU to arrive in Q1 2022

Caporegime
Well... time to get back to working on the next version.

Maybe next time they can get in range of a 4/580 instead of just a 6400.
its good at making videos though which he didn't test, its not a gaming card

[Smooth Brain Mode]It's good at AV1 encoding though, which Gamers Nexus did not test.[/Smooth Brain Mode]

Last edited:
Soldato
Great use of transistors too:
RXHST8h.png
So it is way slower than Navi 24 (RX 6400 is not the full die), uses more power, and presumably costs them an extra 50% to produce.

Brute-force, bulldozing even. Hm, actually Intel's CPU have been doing that for a while now. Even Alder Lake's P cores are hardly good in terms of perf/watt or perf/transistors. Not that matters in some cases. Apple's M1 does use plenty transistors but then it doesn't have to scale too far; Intel's CPU problems is that to compete with Milan and Genoa they really need 64+ cores and the P cores are simply too large for that.

Caporegime
Great use of transistors too:
RXHST8h.png
So it is way slower than Navi 24 (RX 6400 is not the full die), uses more power, and presumably costs them an extra 50% to produce.

Brute-force, bulldozing even. Hm, actually Intel's CPU have been doing that for a while now. Even Alder Lake's P cores are hardly good in terms of perf/watt or perf/transistors. Not that matters in some cases. Apple's M1 does use plenty transistors but then it doesn't have to scale too far; Intel's CPU problems is that to compete with Milan and Genoa they really need 64+ cores and the P cores are simply too large for that.

The GTX 1050Ti is 132mm^2, per die area its not even as good as Nvidia's ancient Maxwell on 14nm.

Are we still expecting it to match or beat the RTX 3070? MLID??????????????? that's a pretty powerful GPU.

Soldato
It's quite shocking it needs ReBAR to work correctly otherwise it's unplayable. That means many systems older than a few years are not able to use it.

Associate
It's quite shocking it needs ReBAR to work correctly otherwise it's unplayable. That means many systems older than a few years are not able to use it.
I'd heard some reports that ARC (presently) doesn't work at all well with Ryzen CPUs and requires an Intel chip to work properly - Gamers Nexus didn't mention anything about that in their review so I'm guessing they didn't test it on a Ryzen PC..? Would have been nice to either confirm or deny that particular rumour...

Soldato
I'd heard some reports that ARC (presently) doesn't work at all well with Ryzen CPUs and requires an Intel chip to work properly - Gamers Nexus didn't mention anything about that in their review so I'm guessing they didn't test it on a Ryzen PC..? Would have been nice to either confirm or deny that particular rumour...
I hadn't heard that, it would be a disaster if true.

Caporegime
That's fairly old info now, hopefully it's been fixed since.

Soldato
Jensen's old buddy Tom back in town with intel arc.

Good video. Even a cameo by the Shrout. Coming "sooner than you think". Targeting their top 100 games with drivers, seem more interested initially in Vulkan and DX12. Three players would make things a lot more interesting. Reading between the lines I suspect their cards will play best with Intel CPU's.

Soldato
I imagine given relative performance of the 380 the 750 will probably be around 3060 levels if we're lucky, but the price will probably be more competitive
Yes I think given a few generations Intel will be competitive at the midrange down. They don't need to be the fastest if they have good price to performance.

Back
Top Bottom