• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.
  • Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Arc series unveiled with the Alchemist dGPU to arrive in Q1 2022

Soldato
Yes I think given a few generations Intel will be competitive at the midrange down. They don't need to be the fastest if they have good price to performance.
Well, how low are Intel willing to on margins?
In terms of perf/area and perf/transistors what we've so far is pretty poor, so that implies to give good perf/cost they'll have go very low in their margins.

Soldato
Well, how low are Intel willing to on margins?
In terms of perf/area and perf/transistors what we've so far is pretty poor, so that implies to give good perf/cost they'll have go very low in their margins.
Yes I think until they're competitive they'll do just that, like AMD and Ryzen. Once established they'll bring the full power of their marketing and margins to bear :cry:

Soldato
Yes I think given a few generations Intel will be competitive at the midrange down. They don't need to be the fastest if they have good price to performance.
Smart move for them to approach from mid range first instead of head first at top end so they don't get a bad rep and can build the product with less scrutiny on performance

Soldato
I imagine given relative performance of the 380 the 750 will probably be around 3060 levels if we're lucky, but the price will probably be more competitive

Would that be 3060 performance in DX12 with resize bar enabled or DX11 with resize bar disabled? Cause it's a big difference

What Tom said has been confirmed by what Steve found in his A380 review - right now Intel GPUs can't run Direct X 9/10/11 games and even Tom said "it's going to take a long time to update the drivers for the old titles" - meaning don't buy an Intel GPU unless you plan on only playing Direct X 12 games made on new graphics engines

Soldato
The limitations of needing a modern system and also abysmal drivers for old games are really going to handicap them whatever the price.

Maybe they'll be foisted on mugs through premade systems to start with :(

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
To be taken seriously at their first stand to the market they should have been near to their launch claim. However we are months on from when they are going to appear, but they fared even worse by now appearing to be mediocre at best and also have naff software/drivers. To make a dent in the market we expected them to come in low balling prices around May - when the market desperately needed it. They can only hope of selling anything at far reduced prices at this point in. By the time we get to see them the new Ada/RDNA3 will be upon us and unless the promised Battlemage or whatever it is that follows comes swiftly then I think it is safe to say not many enthusiast will be chomping at the bit for these cards and only laptops + entry dGPU is the best they will do for a while..

Soldato
HAH just realised.

13:10 with intel engineer he's bragging that because they're Intel they can communicate with the cpu.

Maybe they can harness them smarts to work out how to be equally performant on their competitors cpus, low bar that it is.

Old habit of trying to cripple performance on AMD cpus is gonna look real dumb if it means their gpus suck more than necessary.

Soldato
These don't look too bad as a first attempt, to be honest. Would happily switch to Intel if the price VS performance is there on the higher end cards when we see them.

Really I would like similar performance to an RTX 3080 but in a more power efficient envelope. Whoever can do this, AMD, Nvidia, or Intel will get my money on the next gen of cards. We seem to have been on current gen for donkeys years :)

Caporegime
HAH just realised.

13:10 with intel engineer he's bragging that because they're Intel they can communicate with the cpu.

Maybe they can harness them smarts to work out how to be equally performant on their competitors cpus, low bar that it is.

Old habit of trying to cripple performance on AMD cpus is gonna look real dumb if it means their gpus suck more than necessary.
in an AMD system the CPU will refuse to talk though and you have to go through an intermediator like the CPUs mum via text messages

Associate
It seemed like it performs worse on vulkan than dx12. Hopefully they fix that, then we could always try dxvk for older games

Soldato
Caporegime
Beats the 3060, price is key.

PGP7SCX.jpg

"Performance varies by use, configuration and other factors. See system configurations and disclaimers for further details"

Have you got a link to that? Where Ryan Shrout is concerned all that information will be critical.

Soldato
"Performance varies by use, configuration and other factors. See system configurations and disclaimers for further details"

Have you got a link to that? Where Ryan Shrout is concerned all that information will be critical.
I'll bet it will perform best on a higher end Intel platform, you just know there will be some shenanigans ;)

Back
Top Bottom