• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel back Free Sync and Vulkan, G-Sync meeting its deserved end.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I personally could not give a toss about 3D.

What Nvidia should do eventually in a couple of years time is support freesync with their gpu’s and if g-sync does indeed at the time offer anything unique over what freesync is doing, make it a more premium brand. Win win for them. But as it is right now, they can carry on like this until 2020 at least I think if they wanted to.

Soldato
That's a lot of words to try to justify to everyone why you bought a free-sync unit.
Was it really worth the effort, as I'm not sure anyone cares.

This, in a nutshell.

I've enjoyed Gsync for a couple of years, and it's fantastic. If Freesync becomes the better option by the time I upgrade my X34a monitor, then that's what I'll buy... If not, then another Gsync panel it is. No brand loyalty or tinfoil hat, just best buy for my cash at the time.

Soldato
Whilst Nvidia attract more sales they can force it. They then get a bit of cash off the monitor sales too, by having priority tech across the components.

I think Nvidia are doing it right from a business pov.

When AMD is more competitive, then theyll have to change, as itll become a deciding factor for the consumer. Open standards are always better for the consumer.

I bought NV coz they are best. Now I buy a gsync monitor, because that is all I can do. I'm not not going to buy one, as whilst there are less choices there is something for every price range and quality point.

Caporegime
OP
Whilst Nvidia attract more sales they can force it. They then get a bit of cash off the monitor sales too, by having priority tech across the components.

I think Nvidia are doing it right from a business pov.

When AMD is more competitive, then theyll have to change, as itll become a deciding factor for the consumer. Open standards are always better for the consumer.

I bought NV coz they are best. Now I buy a gsync monitor, because that is all I can do. I'm not not going to buy one, as whilst there are less choices there is something for every price range and quality point.

Find me a £100 G-Sync monitor, or a £300 G-Sync HDR, in fact find me a HDR G-Sync screen for under £2000

Permabanned
@humbug
I got task for you that will make NV add Freesync to theirs drivers.

Figure a way for Nvidia Freesync feel PREMIUM compared to AMD/INTEL Freesync.
You just dont seem to understand how NV sells theirs crap. Gsync is like Iphone of graphic cards. It is basically on pair with freesync. But by having extra premum price for it. People think it's better.
simple example'
Apple example
One got Iphone X other Samsung S9+
Chap with Iphone will be like My iphone is BEST at everything. And everyone NORMAL will know S9 takes better pictures and wont crack on drop. But its IIIIIPHONEEEE it MUST BE BETTER cause I paid 1000 pounds for it so its BEST.

Two guys got 4k monitors one got Gsync other Free sync.
Guy with Gsync will be like You got nice monitor. But my Gsync is better than yours cheap ****** fresync monitor. MINE IS BETTER THAN YOURS cause it was more expensive. Even if its not true and even if freesync one would have better colour reproduction ect

Maybe NV could add it and call it Poor mans sync or I cant afford Gsync to makeit feel inferior to Gsybnc

Maybe M and You dont like but thats how You sell stuff at premium even tho its not better. MAking someone think/feel BETTER than chap next to him.

You are looking from TOTALLY wrong POV on situation. There are people loads of people that will pay extra just for E-Peen Bragging rights on internet in school or work. Cause they are little sad people. And You want to take that away from them ??

BTW. Nvision works on non Gsync monitors It's working with my 8 year old Passive 3D monitor that stopped working with AMD. Talking about killing something amd kield off Mantle and True Audio.

Soldato
I mean I'd like it if there was just one technology to make it simpler.

At the minute Nvidia have no need to support Freesync as they have brand recognition. I can't be the only one that, when talking to friends, has to qualify "Freesync" with "AMD's answer to G-Sync". Which I guess makes sense as G-Sync was the first to the market.

I wonder if AMD could licence G-Sync? Cuz if that's possible then it's not just on Nvidia to support the other technology, AMD could too.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
100% my point. Most people will be of its free its well **** i better pay extra and get GOOD ONE.
On that not I dont play FREEmium games not after spending almost 200 quid on lol!!!! Free my ass
I see what you mean, there are lots of noobs out there, but when it comes to Nvidia, even if it was named SmartSync or whatever and even if they charged more, people would still say "G-Sync is better, as it is made by Nvidia and they are the best!".

Soldato
Quoted again, because it makes sense.

One thng about this whole HDR Gsync module, I would love to know how much a non Gsync, HDR adaptive sync scaler costs, because obviously they are not free, but the cost probably isn't $500. Just like the Standard GSync module, you can bet it doesn't cost the $200 that is the premium for the monitors with GSync over Freesync. you can also pretty much guarantee that it isn't only NVidia that is getting the extra cash, as I'm sure the monitor manufacturers are making a killing as well.

If you consider that 43" 4K Freesync HDR1000 monitor goes for £580+VAT, and 55NU8000 for £900+VAT, my guess is less than the Gsync HDR module :p

Soldato
People rag on GSYNC and forget nvidia brought it to market as a propriety technology where nothing else was available.

Eventually AMD came to the market with the FreeSync offering, perhaps faster than had gsync not arrived.

You might find that the propriety nature of GSYNC comes into its own later down the line for gamers. Seeing as nvidia have full control and dont need to fall in line with a VESA standard.

Anyway bottom line is - get what's right for you. Both offer a fantastic gaming experience.

Soldato
People rag on GSYNC and forget nvidia brought it to market as a propriety technology where nothing else was available.

Eventually AMD came to the market with the FreeSync offering, perhaps faster than had gsync not arrived.

You might find that the propriety nature of GSYNC comes into its own later down the line for gamers. Seeing as nvidia have full control and dont need to fall in line with a VESA standard.

Anyway bottom line is - get what's right for you. Both offer a fantastic gaming experience.

However, on laptops "Gsync" is only but in name. It is using the VESA open standard, not gsync module.

Permabanned
They're in different markets, FreeSyncs in the consoles, G-Syncs in the PC.

If Nvidia was to adopt Freesync with the upcoming range it would give them an untouchable lead imo. I'd jump ship straight away & I imagine a lot of Freesync owners would. Today I regret not grabbing a 1080 when the non reference models released, At the time I was too busy moaning about first the Founders tax and then the price but in hindsight I could have had 2 years of class leading performance which makes the original price tag look a lot better.

If nvidia supported freesync I would have bought a 1080 ages ago and so would many others I guess, obviously my money is not important to nvidia

If they did it could signal the beginning of the end for AMD & mainstream PC gaming, maybe that's what Nvidia don't want to do.

Back
Top Bottom