• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Core i9-11900K breaks 1.9K points barrier in Geekbench single-core benchmark

Soldato
Sounds like its going to be an insane chip single core performance wise, just hope cooling it and keeping it under control will be easy enough. Wonder how it will perform with an all core clock at 5.3 + temps?

Soldato
OP
avx-512 benchmark, only RL supports it on desktop. There is reason we are getting mostly geekbench leaks.

Yeah, sadly Ryzen doesn't support AVX-512.

That said, the 11900k will also have the faster ST performance in all popular benchmarks, it's a really exciting CPU, to anyone apart from those emotionally invested in AMD.

The also exciting part is that we'll actually be able to buy these in the weeks after release, as opposed to the paper launch/price scalped Ryzen 5000 series.

Soldato

That said, the 11900k will also have the faster ST performance in all popular benchmarks, it's a really exciting CPU, to anyone apart from those emotionally invested in AMD.

The also exciting part is that we'll actually be able to buy these in the weeks after release, as opposed to the paper launch/price scalped Ryzen 5000 series.
You sure well be able to buy them dave you got inside info mate

Last edited:
Soldato
load of crap lets see real life usage , its stupidly priced for 8 core chip looking at leaked prices uses more power heats up more, butchered chip i9 model with 8 cores ? why couldnt the i9 model have 10 or 12 cores ? is it because it will use up even more power and output more heat ? just shows how butchered it is its just to fill the gap isnt alder lake like 5-6 months away ?

I myself want to upgrade still rocking i7 6700k and want to upgrade to 8 core chip

Last edited:
Soldato
load of crap lets see real life usage , its stupidly priced for 8 core chip looking at leaked prices uses more power heats up more, butchered chip i9 model with 8 cores ? just to fill the gap isnt alder lake like 5-6 months away ?

I myself want to upgrade still rocking i7 6700k and want to upgrade to 8 core chip
Didnt you know Daves got inside info mate

Soldato

Why don't you just wait until it's out, readily available and not price scalped before making these predictive assertions?

You could well be right, though you could easily be quite far off the mark when the full picture is clear.

I suspect you feel you have to counter what you sense is the Ryzen centric nature of this CPU section, though it really is a mugs game to do so based on 'will be this' and 'will be that'.

At least have the good sense to wait until the situation is way less speculative and more a general fact before starting these "Intel Triumphs" threads.

Soldato
Why don't you just wait until it's out, readily available and not price scalped before making these predictive assertions?

You could well be right, though you could easily be quite far off the mark when the full picture is clear.

I suspect you feel you have to counter what you sense is the Ryzen centric nature of this CPU section, though it really is a mugs game to do so based on 'will be this' and 'will be that'.

At least have the good sense to wait until the situation is way less speculative and more a general fact before starting these "Intel Triumphs" threads.
Well put :)

Back
Top Bottom