• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel has a Pretty Big Problem..

"CNBC reports that Intel's CEO Pat Gelsinger has held a meeting with Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo, expressing the firm's frustration over how the US government isn't collaborating in desperate times."

Please give us more money for doing nothing. :mad:

"Gelsinger also showed concerns over how major tech companies are looking to do business with TSMC rather than IFS, indirectly urging that this should be stopped and that companies like Apple and NVIDIA should be directed towards cooperating with Intel rather than the Taiwan giant."

But, but, but, they won't use our foundry. Please "FORCE" them to use us. :cry:

Your thoughts ???

"CNBC reports that Intel's CEO Pat Gelsinger has held a meeting with Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo, expressing the firm's frustration over how the US government isn't collaborating in desperate times."

Please give us more money for doing nothing. :mad:

"Gelsinger also showed concerns over how major tech companies are looking to do business with TSMC rather than IFS, indirectly urging that this should be stopped and that companies like Apple and NVIDIA should be directed towards cooperating with Intel rather than the Taiwan giant."

But, but, but, they won't use our foundry. Please "FORCE" them to use us. :cry:

Your thoughts ???

I was thinking when Pat would knock on uncle Joe and aunt Kamala’s door.

10nm 5090 incoming at 900watts. I can almost smell the melting 12VHP connectors now.

I was thinking when Pat would knock on uncle Joe and aunt Kamala’s door.

10nm 5090 incoming at 900watts. I can almost smell the melting 12VHP connectors now.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

The absolute brass neck of this guy..... Intel don't use Intel foundries, both their GPU's and now CPU's are made by TSMC, because Intel foundries are not competitive.
So they want Nvidia, AMD, Apple money to make their chips in their uncompetitive foundry while they make their products which compete directly with them at TSMC, and they want the US government to force them to do it..

He's got some ______ and i hope Nvidia, Apple, AMD make it crystal clear to the US government that Intel make their products at TSMC because their foundries are crap and that they are trying to monopolise them by taking control of their product manufacturing.

Corporate welfare is alive and well. He'll probably get what he wants too, same way that Jensen does (with 1 phone call).

We will see but the reason Pat went to them to complain to start with is because he didn't get most of the chips act money he was expecting, the reason being is that the US government no longer believe Intel are a viable company to pour money into, you know who did get their money? TSMC.

This is a move of desperation from Pat, i predict he will be gone soon.

You heard it here first.

Last edited:
We will see but the reason Pat went to them to complain to start with is because he didn't get most of the chips act money he was expecting, the reason being is that the US government no longer believe Intel are a viable company to pour money into, you know who did get their money? TSMC.

This is a move of desperation from Pat, i predict he will be gone soon.

You heard it here first.
Pat expects it. Intel's political donations should be rewarded surely - lol. They have spent millions supporting their GOP buddies.

Corporate welfare is alive and well. He'll probably get what he wants too, same way that Jensen does (with 1 phone call).

According to Bloomberg, Intel has secured up to $3.5 billion in federal grants to produce chips for the Pentagon under the Secure Enclave program, which is meant to bring production of leading-edge processors for military applications to the U.S. This sum will add to the $8.5 billion in grants and $11 billion in loans that Intel was awarded under the CHIPS & Science Act earlier this year. Keep in mind that the information is not official.

its click bait or wishful thinking
Furthermore, while Raimondo did not mention Intel during the meetings, its status as one of the foremost chipmakers in the U.S. has likely been discussed privately.

USA just wants to stop people relying on Taiwan, TSMC are also making fabs in the USA, I don't think they are high end ones though

Last edited:
USA just wants to stop people relying on Taiwan, TSMC are also making fabs in the USA, I don't think they are high end ones though
Last I heard, tsmc in us had big trouble finding employees that actually want to work there in Asian system of working (long hours, barely any holidays, etc.).

Is there anything definitive on whether the 13500 and 14500 are affected?
A family member is looking at HP all-in-ones, and the bulk of them seem to be Intel 13500/14500 and above. They're not the most computer savvy so I don't want the drama of a potentially dodgy CPU where I assume it's not even replaceable.

From what I can see there could be two steppings of 13500, one Alder Lake and one Raptor Lake?

Is there anything definitive on whether the 13500 and 14500 are affected?
A family member is looking at HP all-in-ones, and the bulk of them seem to be Intel 13500/14500 and above. They're not the most computer savvy so I don't want the drama of a potentially dodgy CPU where I assume it's not even replaceable.

From what I can see there could be two steppings of 13500, one Alder Lake and one Raptor Lake?
Grab a Net-Top PC instead from the likes of "TRIGKEY" and a monitor.

Fair few people seem to be RMAing their CPU because of any issue and jumping to the conclusion it is this CPU problem and/or seemingly with the thought that a newer one might not be affected despite not having any problems (so far) with their CPU.

Yep, a buddy of mine did this. There wasn't even anything wrong with his, he just wanted a refund :cry: so he hit support and they gave him his refund, no questions asked. It's pretty insane.

In an interview with Bloomberg, Ian King spoke to this, noting that their foundry customers would also be their competitors from other segments, namely Nvidia (NVDA) and AMD (AMD), both of whom run a fabless model and would rely on such a service. He questioned why they'd write Intel a check that will be invested in developing rival products, while a separate foundry business wouldn't raise such a concern.

Yeah i said this weeks ago, its obvious....

In 2022 (earlier in Intel's capital projects), Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang expressed an openness to using Intel's foundry service going forward. The US government recently urged Nvidia and AMD to use Intel's foundry services, hoping to reduce their reliance on TSMC (TSM). Intel's main selling point, from a public policy perspective, is that America depends on production that occurs in Taiwan (near a hostile China), so domestic production is advantageous.

And yet he didn't follow through with that, its not very diplomatic to say no to questions like that.

The reality is "Nvidia and AMD" are not going to hand over manufacturing control of their products to a direct competitor who makes competing products, they would be stupid to do that.....
Intel Foundries need to be a separate entity to Intel, in other words no longer "Intel Foundries" If the US government want Nvidia and AMD to make their chips in the US then it needs be a foundry other than Intel or if that's not possible then Intel must lose their foundry, become fabless themselves.

Be sat on the floor next!
did you actually read it?

Calcalist has learned that the company is implementing two additional benefit reductions. The first is the closure of the luxurious coffee stations, replacing them with simpler alternatives. The second involves ending corporate funding for mobile phone plans for employees who are not officially entitled to this benefit.

It's no different to google etc getting rid of all the ridiculous perks people kept posting about on instagram etc, showing them doing no work and treating the place like a gym...

Parliament should do the same and get rid of all the bars and restaurants that are tax payer subsidised

It's never a good move to cut corporate coffee. Bottom of the barrel cost-cutting with an outsized impact on staff morale, I'd be running to the exit... though, perhaps that's the intention after all?
They aren;t cutting coffee, they are just getting rid of the "luxurious coffee stations" and I guess replacing them with a 2000$ machine instead..

how will they cope.

and if people werent aware all of the tech companies are cost cutting and laying off employees, it's not specific to intel.

it's just hyperbolic headlines

And yet he didn't follow through with that, its not very diplomatic to say no to questions like that.
Intel fabs are they even ready for high end gpu chips yet? surely that relies on the new modern EUV machines being up and running?

I doubt nvidia really cares where the money is going as long as it's cheaper than TSMC, they have shareholders to worry about and intel isn't a threat to NVDA

also america will probably dictate by law that chip companies must stop relying solely on taiwan? its a national security issue that would leave america at a massive disadvantage if China ever takes Taiwan, and some day they will.

and people always forget "In keeping with its China policy, the U.S. does not support de jure Taiwan independence,"

Last edited:

Interesting, AMD, Intel and Broadcom competed for Playstation 6 contract in 2022 but lost contract to AMD due to disagreements how to share profits.

Broadcom wanted to design CPU and GPU for Playstation 6? Wow. :eek:

It will be interesting when next generation Xbox will unveil to see the full specification if Intel won Xbox contract in 2022 or so to design and manufacture CPU and Xe GPU for Microsoft next generation Xbox consoles.

Back
Top Bottom