** Intel Haswell-E CPU's & X99 MOTHERBOARDS NOW IN STOCK!! **

Soldato
Here is something a little special...

The Asus X99-S board is for system integrators only, as such it can't be sold online as a retail product...

This is out way around the issue ;)

"Steamroller Asus X99" - Intel Core i7 Haswell-E DDR4 Configurable Bundle

BU-022-OG_400.jpg

Only £824.95 inc VAT

ORDER NOW

Sorry, memory choices are limited at the moment but watch this space

How quckly can you ship out one of these bundles?

Associate
Price on the 5960X is good! Surprised....

Now, news on overclocked 5960X bundles, please?? Oh I see they're up. 3.6 for the 8-core is a little disappointing I have to say. Was really expecting 3.8 minimum or even 4.0 at a push. And no configs with more than 16GB RAM? I'm hoping for a config with 64GB.

Last edited:
OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
P Oh I see they're up. 3.6 for the 8-core is a little disappointing I have to say. Was really expecting 3.8 minimum or even 4.0 at a push. And no configs with more than 16GB RAM? I'm hoping for a config with 64GB.
Memory configs are limited until memory supply improves

As for the OCs, we are playing safe right now since we've only had one batch of chips and their performance was very different to the engineering samples. Also, temps are quite high and we can't control whether or not they end up in a decent case.

More bundles will follow as boards land

Last edited:
Associate
Memory configs are limited until memory supply improves

As for the OCs, we are playing safe right now since we've only had one batch of chips and their performance was very different to the engineering samples. Also, temps are quite high and we can't control whether or not they end up in a decent case.

All understood. Sounds like you think there's a good chance that you can get some stable, well-cooled bundles out that will hit 3.8 or so, at some point soon? And with larger RAM as well? I'm in the market probably in the next few months or so, once prices drop a little.

I'm pretty sure there will be some demand for really top-end configs for this.

Associate

Good news. On paper if you compare an overclocked 6-core 3930k @ 4.0ghz with a overclocked 8-core 5960X @ 3.6ghz it's not actually such a huge difference due to the reduced clock speed. In reality I'm sure it will be better than that due to improved architecture and other optimisations, and I look forward to some real-world rendering benchmarks (Cinebench etc.) which will show for sure. I think if you can get bundles out at 3.8ghz with 32GB and 64GB RAM, stable and decent temps you'll be on to a winner and I'll be first in line for one.

Back
Top Bottom