** Intel Haswell-E CPU's & X99 MOTHERBOARDS NOW IN STOCK!! **

Associate
The ES chips were clocking better, 4.60-5.0GHz, the retail chips are in the region of 4.20-4.70GHz with the odd one hitting 4.80GHz.

This is based on custom water-cooling loops.

Wow. That's not bad at all, really. If you're hitting 4.2 (on the 8-core I presume?) using custom loops then I would hope you could hit 3.8 or so with a good closed-loop/Corsair etc.? Fingers crossed... I have zero intention of going with a custom WC setup. Need the security of something pre-built!

OcUK Staff
OP
with the cheap DDR4 ram and that MSI board you could have a 6core setup for just over £600. Not bad and temping!

Not to tempt you more but by end of year you could upgrade DDR4 to some crazy fast stuff, thinking 3400MHz area and get another good performance boost.

Associate
The ES chips were clocking better, 4.60-5.0GHz, the retail chips are in the region of 4.20-4.70GHz with the odd one hitting 4.80GHz.

This is based on custom water-cooling loops.

Gibbo completely off topic but didn't want to start a new topic.

I see a lot of EK products not in stock/pre order. I'm making a big enough order soon and have been basing parts on whats in stock unfortunately. Do you have a shipment of EK stuff coming , I see a lot of their products are EOL now aswel :(

Any help would be appreciated :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Super impressed with these prices, really, and they're only going to go down as well. Exciting times. The first proper consumer core-bump from Intel in many, many years.

They won't go down much if any at all, were actually making like 4% to be brutally honest and our re-buy is slightly higher due to weakening exchange rate from when I purchased these CPU's.

The only way they will go down is if I drop my margin, which at sub 5% does not give me much room to play.

You can clearly see from the last gen Ivy-E stuff they won't drop by much as the Ivy-E stuff cost the same to buy and the only reason that is less is because they were purchased when GBP was stronger and were actually making 0% on those to clear the old 4930k. 4820k is a lot cheaper as its only a 4 core CPU and will remain in current lineup. :)

Associate
They won't go down much if any at all, were actually making like 4% to be brutally honest and our re-buy is slightly higher due to weakening exchange rate from when I purchased these CPU's.

The only way they will go down is if I drop my margin, which at sub 5% does not give me much room to play.

You can clearly see from the last gen Ivy-E stuff they won't drop by much as the Ivy-E stuff cost the same to buy and the only reason that is less is because they were purchased when GBP was stronger and were actually making 0% on those to clear the old 4930k. 4820k is a lot cheaper as its only a 4 core CPU and will remain in current lineup. :)

I actually meant the bundles, and the RAM specifically, which I imagine should be hopefully dropping over the next 6 months or so, but totally understand your position on the CPUs - very much fair enough. That's a tiny margin. Good on you guys for that. I'm sure you'll shift a lot of these! Just gotta get those overclocks to a slightly higher level, I think.

OcUK Staff
OP
I actually meant the bundles, and the RAM specifically, which I imagine should be hopefully dropping over the next 6 months or so, but totally understand your position on the CPUs - very much fair enough. That's a tiny margin. Good on you guys for that. I'm sure you'll shift a lot of these! Just gotta get those overclocks to a slightly higher level, I think.

Yes RAM could shift in price big time, but as we all know with RAM, that could be in either direction. :)

The motherboards we've being quite aggressive on. :)

Back
Top Bottom