• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Intel i7 4790K 5GHz Club ***

Caporegime
well the TIM still cant be that great. Last year ocuk sold clocked bundles with delidded 4770k's were the paste was replaced with coollabs lp. Which will be a thinner layer than stock. Theese chips had the ihs stuck back on with the factory sealant/adhesive so the gap was still there, (and probably bigger due to a thinner layer of TIM). Yet these chips still ran 15-20c lower than stock ihs versions.

yeah my mate has one at 4.8 and its very cool low 50c when maxxed.

Associate
Thought i'll make my first post here :)

4790K%405.0Ghz%401.29v.png

Last edited:
Associate
Your letting a 1m super PI Into a 5ghz club? Really?! Lol. I can manage that on my haswell. That's as good as a validation (unless that's the idea) but I would like to think atleast a 32m hyper PI run. Doesn't take much and Atleast indicates a good chip and a good understanding of what your doing.

Otherwise the 5ghz landmark is essentially meaningless.

Just my 2c. I'll be posting here with mine one way or another when it arrives next week rofl.

Well Klepp0906 it's been a lot longer than a week, I expected something really special from you considering all your hype and knowledge.

These CPU's ain't easy to do 5GHz I know I've had 6 of them and delided one or 2.
I'm afraid your wrong about the TIM also, it had nothing to do with the sealant creating a gap. The TIM is garbage full stop.

I hate to be so arrogant but you were asking for it, the people on here are not idiots and it would seem you have greater knowledge which were yet to see the evidence of.

Here's one of my 5.1GHz 32m Super Pi:

http://hwbot.org/submission/2612742_kimandsally_superpi___32m_core_i7_4790k_6min_21sec_717ms

Associate
I think running 1M Super Pi @ 5ghz at lowest possible vcore (that part was'nt clear on topic) is a solid cpu quality indicator. It'll either runs or not at certain voltage with a little margin.

Associate
Hi yes I know the volts bit that particular CPU's VID was 1.2 so it was megga high anyway, it was not a good one so it went.

@stulid

Re RAM I'm a real noob have a lot to learn.

My point on here was the guy having goes at you lot who do know about things and help every and anyone.

This forum took me in years ago at that time I didn't even know where the "any" key was LOL.

Associate
Your cache/uncore (whatever people decide to call it) is 3.9GHz, I see no reason why you cant increase that to 4.5

Yes I did that because I didn't know what I was doing, I have 2666 RAM and had it doing 2933 so loosened all the timings.
I don't have that CPU anymore and haven't run Super Pi trying for more but I have 2 others here that will both do 5GHz so I can try them at 4.9 and play with the cache to see what it does.

Associate
Yes I did that because I didn't know what I was doing, I have 2666 RAM and had it doing 2933 so loosened all the timings.
I don't have that CPU anymore and haven't run Super Pi trying for more but I have 2 others here that will both do 5GHz so I can try them at 4.9 and play with the cache to see what it does.

In my case cache 200Mhz off cpu clock improved stability and allowed a bit lower vcore.

Back
Top Bottom