• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel planning "Revolutionary" processor core.

Soldato
OP
The double slit experiment is quite freaky enough without involving computers, you had to remind me of that :p

I wonder when we'll start hearing more about the true next gen stuff, when i look for Intel CPU roadmaps they never show dates that far ahead. Maybe they're already planning all the new sockets needed for each new CPU ;)

Soldato
4-5 years is too long. AMD will have taken a huge bit out of Intel over that time. Time to dump Intel shares for AMD on the next uplift.

Soldato
OP
Bit of info i thought I'd mention.

RAM prices to be quite low in 2019? Read this elsewhere a little while back.

DDR5 in 2019/2020

And PCIE 4.0 not far off i guess. Some juicy CPU news would be nice, but it seems all the new stuff will arrive before that.

At least we have Ice Lake & Zen+/Zen 2 to look forward to in the meantime.

Associate
The future is quantum, where you're both computing and also not computing simultaneously. But if you observe the computer you changes it's performance, so no windowed cases allowed :(

:D - re the observing comment. Wonder how many people will get that one. ;)

Soldato
Im genuinely surprised news of this only just hitting. How long has intel being riding things for so long without innovating. Well they allowed AMD to catch them up and i can see with Zen+ starting to back market share. I think i may upgrade to Zen+ / Zen2. By then things should have been optimised for and board partners will have taken AMD seriously and have some decent boards out with bios that work as intended! With the process being more mature i can see IPC gains and being able to actually overclock more than couple hundred mhz. 4.5Ghz with 8 core 16 thread beast.

Back
Top Bottom