• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel shots fired at AMD.

Caporegime
OP
Yes, I read this yesterday, bit childish to be honest, but hey its intel.

As Steve said AMD are getting in more and more mobile and handheld devices. It feels desperate on Intel's part.
In fact Intel aren't getting a sniff in any of the handhelds, i think they have one obscure handheld that no ones interested in, AMD have the Steam Deck, the Asus Ali, the Lenovo Legion Go and 3 others.

AMD have already made the server space unprofitable for Intel, the DIY market now favours AMD, What Intel have left is dominating the pre-buld and laptops but even that is being slowly eroded as Intel find it increasingly difficult to keep AMD out. they can't even get a look in for new and growing markets like handhelds.

Last edited:
Associate
As Steve said AMD are getting in more and more mobile and handheld devices. It feels desperate on Intel's part.
In fact Intel aren't getting a sniff in any of the handhelds, i think they have one obscure handheld that no ones interested in, AMD have the Steam Deck, the Asus Ali, the Lenovo Legion and 3 others.

AMD have already made the server space unprofitable for Intel, the DIY market now favours AMD, What Intel have left is dominating the pre-buld and laptops but even that is being slowly eroded as Intel find it increasingly difficult to keep AMD out. they can't even get a look in for new and growing markets like handhelds.

Just watched the video, as I only skimmed the document yesterday. Honestly after watching it all it genuinely does feel like its an April fool or something, what an earth were they thinking, I can only guess they are hoping that the ignorant (not best choice of words I know) parents of pupils will read this and base their buying decisions on it. I have a feeling though that it will alienate more than it helps especially with Steve etc making these videos.

Caporegime
OP
Just watched the video, as I only skimmed the document yesterday. Honestly after watching it all it genuinely does feel like its an April fool or something, what an earth were they thinking, I can only guess they are hoping that the ignorant (not best choice of words I know) parents of pupils will read this and base their buying decisions on it. I have a feeling though that it will alienate more than it helps especially with Steve etc making these videos.

I think its material they are likely circulating around schools. We look at it and think its funny, which it is, its completely daft.... but when its aimed (quite literally as this slides say) at 5 to 15 year old's it probably works, if as an Intel rep you rock up at a school to tell a bunch of 10 year old's "AMD suck Intel good" quite a lot of them will pester their parents to buy a laptop that's specifically Intel.

Its desperate, its pathetic, but its what they are going to do, because they are.

Last edited:
Associate
I think its material they are likely circulating around schools. We look at it and think its funny, which it is, its completely daft.... but when its aimed (quite literally as this slides say) at 5 to 15 year old's it probably works, if as an Intel rep you rock up at a school to tell a bunch of 10 year old's "AMD suck Intel good" quite a lot of them will pester their parent to buy a laptop that's specifically Intel.

Its desperate, its pathetic, but its what they are going to do, because they are.
Quite Possibly, however if the kids pestering are anything like my two, they are already on tiktok, youtube etc etc and have already seen videos like GN, well one can hope at least.

J.D

J.D

Soldato
Quite hilarious in how bad this is, a terrible look for a company of this size in the presentation alone without the hypocrisy. The team in marketing that came up with the idea, it's going to be a rough next couple of weeks.

It's not all bad though, we can sit, talk and laugh together roasting our marshmallows on the fire Intel provided. At least they care about the festive season and togetherness.

Soldato
it's like a poundshop version of SEGA's old advertising of SEGA does what Nintendon't but a thousand times worse and full of desperation. Intel need to fire their head of advertising or get one that sin't getting high on the solvents from the PCB tanks.................

I need an upgrade soon too as I am still running a 9700K and this makes me want to go and get an AMD 7950X3D simply because if Intel can't convice me to go with them on the merits of their own platform instead of trying to convince me the competition are crooks it tells me everything I need to know. They should focus more on why their tech is better, not trying to hoodwink me into thinking that AMD are the equivalent of Gil Gunderson in the Simpsons.................

Caporegime
How many times was Core arch refreshed\renamed into 'new' products? Talk about an own goal.

aPg4iij.gif

Last edited:
Soldato
To be fair though, the gamers nexus guy is a bit ranty and annoying... it's nothing new, everyone already knows it. He's no better than LTT or J2C really.

Last edited:
Soldato
Far better than J2C or LTT, imo.
It'd be nice to see all high level marketing people within Intel, AMD and Nvidia fired. Then we might not have all these comical refreshes.

How blind do Intel need to be to be pointing out their competitors naming stupidity, when they've just curled out the 14th gen onto the market's chest though?

Soldato
I think its material they are likely circulating around schools. We look at it and think its funny, which it is, its completely daft.... but when its aimed (quite literally as this slides say) at 5 to 15 year old's it probably works, if as an Intel rep you rock up at a school to tell a bunch of 10 year old's "AMD suck Intel good" quite a lot of them will pester their parents to buy a laptop that's specifically Intel.

That material is aimed at the buyers for the schools, they know what they are doing. Probably some "incentive schemes" too ;)

Soldato
Watched this last night, can't tell if intel is just clueless or brazen... i think more clueless having looked at the slides :cry:.

Someone's getting fired.

Caporegime
OP
That material is aimed at the buyers for the schools, they know what they are doing. Probably some "incentive schemes" too ;)

Yeah, i don't know, i'm only making assumptions here but Intel's server space is already unprofitable, they are making a couple of % profit, if that, how can they not be making any money of chips that are supposed to cost thousands? i know its not simply BOM costs, there are service costs ecte.... but AMD are making 40%, so people are actually paying real money for AMD's datacentre products, Intel must have "incentives" for them not to be making anything.

You know what, that's fine, if Intel want to keep giving their #### away to try and fail to stop AMD i'm happy to see them suffer for their silly little games.

Soldato
Yeah, i don't know, i'm only making assumptions here but Intel's server space is already unprofitable, they are making a couple of % profit, if that, how can they not be making any money of chips that are supposed to cost thousands? i know its not simply BOM costs, there are service costs ecte.... but AMD are making 40%, so people are actually paying real money for AMD's datacentre products, Intel must have "incentives" for them not to be making anything.

You know what, that's fine, if Intel want to keep giving their #### away to try and fail to stop AMD i'm happy to see them suffer for their silly little games.

Intel did have huge subsidies towards building new fabs in the US, this no doubt artificially boosted Intel's financials in the current and long term. US government will not let Intel suffer.

Back
Top Bottom