• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel to Cut Prices of its Desktop Processors by 15% in Response to Ryzen 3000

Associate
I never did like GN's reviews, they are quite synthetic, he tend's to use older games that aren't really games in the traditional sense, most of his games are Command and Conquer type games that run heavy low threaded compute loads, he argues "those are the ones that show the most realistic results" when clearly they don't for what 95% of people use the CPU's for, he does the same with productivity, he doesn't use Cinebench he uses Blender with a scene they created that he says it a mixture of Cuda and low threaded because again "it's realistic" it's not.

The type of guy who thinks he's a genius but is an idiot.
It's always hard to see things from someone else's perspective and not assume that one's own view is more representative - confirmation bias. Personally my usage probably does fit his review quite well. But that's the joy of multiple reviews - we should be able to assess how each of them fits our own individual requirements and therefore take home a message of how well it applies or not.

Soldato
new stuff is fine and faster than rival part. why would they drop prices on it ?
They would not, Intel are arrogant. They will lose market share because their stuff is pretty crap price/performance wise, dead platform and has security flaws. They are also losing OEM contracts, but that is a different subject.

Associate
Ok I'll admit that I like the "Tech deals" reviews though I have to wear dark glasses when I do (its the teeth!), but He tends to make the reviews he does from a price to performance point of view and fairly unbiased. He really rated the ryzen 2 3600 when I read it yesterday and was very impressed with it.
LOL at (its the teeth!)

Associate
Any news on the release of the 9900KS chip?

Still have the mis-priced Asrock x570 Tachi on order but tempted to stick with Intel because i'm only interested in gaming as it is 99% of my usage.

Man of Honour
And the fact that Intel has been owned in price and performance. They need to do something...

They haven't from what I've seen. Intel are ahead in games, behind in multi core when going against a chip with more cores. Granted there's the price thing. But you do get a GPU on Intel chips. :D

Man of Honour
How many people actually use iGPU though? :rolleyes:

OMG you used roll eyes on my tongue in cheek comment. I'm so internet sad.

You also do with Ryzen.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/32858005/

It says discreet required on the back of that box? I'm not sure if the rest are the same?

Also:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ryzen-9-3900x-7-3700x-review,6214.html

"As before, these mainstream models don't come with integrated graphics, meaning you'll need a discrete GPU."

I don't care either way, I'll buy whatever is best for me at the time. But the comment above saying Intel have been owned is a little far fetched.

Soldato
OMG you used roll eyes on my tongue in cheek comment. I'm so internet sad.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/32858005/

Says discreet required on the back of that box? I'm not sure if the rest are the same?

I don't care either way, I'll buy whatever is best for me at the time. But the comment above saying Intel have been owned is a little far fetched.
Previous gen Ryzen chips had integrated Vega graphics, not sure on the new ones.

Man of Honour
As I said above, it was a tongue in cheek comment. I'm happy AMD have done well, I just think some people need to be a bit more realistic with facts.

Back
Top Bottom