Intel X25-M G2 Solid State Drives

Associate
Brilliant, I am off to work at 2:30, the 128 Gbyte drive and 2.5 -> 3.5 adapter have just arrived.

I`ll be back by 5:00 so its a fresh install of win 7 for me tonight !

Associate
Well stuff that then, the chump should have got 1x 160 not 2 he must be the devil spending £666

Is it jealousy or what that makes you post such idiotic comments?

And you seem to be forgetting the obvious - that everyone has different needs.

I have two 160GB's in RAID for all the software i use, with certain software also eating up GB's when in use. Unlike a lot of forum trolls i have a well paying job you see, and time is money with my work. I've also got over 120GB of games installed for speedy loading.

As for TRIM, a near 2x speed increase from SSD RAID-0 is worth the sacrifice to many.
But more importantly these G2 drives have improved firmware that helps keep them up to speed after prolonged use, which is exactly what TRIM is for anyway.

Last edited:
Associate
Oh come on Nate, even if it was a joke it was a pretty rude, especially considering i bothered to write all that to help others on here thinking about buying.

Last edited:
Associate
My Intel XM-G2 80 Gig is now back with OC got an automated email saying they had it doesnt show up in my account though, hopefully I get a replacement one soon...

Associate

Only minot but the actual release notes are here:

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/17485/eng/Release%20Notes%201.5.doc

They say the following:

This firmware revision is for X25-M 34nm products only (X18-M 34nm products do not require this firmware update) and fixes the following two issues:

1) System hangs with BIOS drive password enabled

2) System inoperable when BIOS drive password disabled or changed

Nothing too exciting and no trim support quietly added, alas ;)

Back
Top Bottom