Internet Dating.....Who Has Done it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Very curious as towards how many people have actually done and does anyone actually pay to do it! lol!

Since the internet has expanded the opputunity to interact and meet new people online is bigger than ever. With sites like faceparty, myspace, bebo etc all being free people are obviously using them to find dates. In comparison to this you have places like Match.com where you have to pay a fee to actually use their services to find a mate.

So own up everyone! Who has used what services, free or pay and actually dated someone from the internet?

I have to admit I myself have done so through the free services of faceparty! Infact the girl im seeing just now was met through the internet, albeit after around 2months of chatting and texting prior to meeting haha!

Soldato
OP
on faceparty atm - seriously TOO many women... search sucks totally. Kazillions of em :D

Thats where the girl im seeing now is from! God your right about the search though, it is quite ridiculous sometimes! Sometimes its like finding a needle in a haystack in terms of normal women :p lol!

Anyways what about people using blatantly fake pictures?! haha!

Soldato
OP
Ah DarwinDating! :)

http://darwindating.wordpress.com/2007/05/15/the-red-hair-rule/

Our rule against red hair and freckles appears to have sparked a bit of a debate.

About 2 weeks ago we heard from Rob:

Rob: “The Red Hair Rule is a bit grey. I got red hair, I’m also hot…and buff. Its not that rosey ginger bright carrot red, its more…auburn’ish, but it is still rightly ‘red‘ hair. This rule should specify the severity of red hair. Just a suggestion”

DD: “Hi Rob, You make a fair point. I suggest you upload your photo and we can let the members decide whether auburnish hair can make it. If you make it in I will adjust the rules accordingly. :) Yours in hot people, Darwin Dating”

Rob: “Haha, good stuff.”

And that’s the last we heard from Rob. Did he make it? I guess not… yep, the rule still stands. :)

Classic

Soldato
OP
How the heck is my thread still going? :p *Edit* Richdog's story*

Anyways I am now officially in a relationship with the girl i was dating at the start of this thing! All going well....great result! :) Also good luck to Rich!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ha there clearly should be some internationally recognised timeline for the whole "sex" thing! :p lol!

That whole thing with the kids is scary tho! DOnt wanna get in too deep too quickly as it can quickly become quite the mess!

Soldato
OP
Im still with my gf (Met from fp) for what coming up 3months as a couple now and reading through this thread again is making me want to get involved again.......must remember I have a good thing going, do not be tempted..... lol!

Glad to see some good things working out!

Soldato
OP
Haha, of course!

Cant do you bread mate but hows a broom and a red rubber glove? And no it wasnt going anywhere other than cleaning the floor lol!

turkey0011px4.jpg

Soldato
OP
Hmm... got a couple of ladies messaging me at the moment...

This is the first one, bit of a BOBFOC* to be honest, her body is top-notch but the face doesn't really do it for me. She's also too keen, which always sends off alarm bells.

4mmujbnbcg_33879509.jpg

n590205520_573384_4792.jpg

Ok.........anyone else think this could be the female version Roger Federer? :eek:

Soldato
OP
I don't see any harm in a compromise by way of a couple getting fitter or whatever to ensure they remain attractive to one another. Anything that makes you both more agile is bound to be a plus :p FWIW I can't stand stick thin girls who look like they're malnourished, but there's a threshold where I find size offputting.

QUOTED FOR THE TRUTH mate! :D

There always has to be some form of physical attraction there or else the attraction will not last on personality alone. Once the attraction is gone its gone and its both of the couple who need to maintain that!

Im sure if I started piling on the pounds and not putting much effort in my gf would certainly have second thoughts, it happens and its true.

I do always love to say this though......you wouldnt approach someone in a club because you think...."oh she looks like she has a nice personality" would you? I await the yes's :p

Soldato
OP
I was thinking of adding into my profile

"I'm such a romantic, I promise to go halves for any future abortions"

Or something along those lines, I guess that's an absolute nono and my sick sense of humor will deter female lovelies?

I'd date ya................

If you can't laugh at these things, what can ya laugh at :rolleyes:

*if I was a girl*

Soldato
OP
NINJA EDIT - And omg the general standard of women in Zurich is unbelievable... literally wherever you turn your head on a night out there are some stunning women, the city is full of them!
photo.php

Yeha iv hear that mate, in fact iv also heard that Copenhagen is full of them as well! Damn I need to get out in Europe more :p

Soldato
OP
Cheers, why is match so expensive?!

Because they promise it works and they advertise :rolleyes:

PoF seems fine, iv joined and got some decent chat going with a few girls, however, one I've known for years....*well met her once 3 years ago and spoke on MySpace, MSN etc and bumped into her over the holidays*....has came on the scene and it looks like something may be coming of it :D

I'm definitely going to recommend PoF to my mate though he needs it! :D

Soldato
OP
I met my current girlfriend from a website. Messaged me back in january, met a week and a half later after chatting on MSN. Had a great time when we met for a coffee, hit it right off.

Met at the gym a few times and arranged a date. Went on one date involving cinema, drinking and clubbing then she asked "where do we go from here" and 2 months on we are going out and Im falling for her!

Crazy how fast some things happen but i know i never would have found someone so amazing in a club or on the street, so its thanks to the internetz that i found someone i genuinely love.

Good to hear mate!

I mean the thing is if you meet them when your out in a club for example then do you really get the chance to get to know them properly before dates etc? You dont, its the initial attraction etc and it means it all builds a different way!

The internet allows us to easily talk and get to know people a lot better these days and can help people feel more comfortable with themselves communicating like that! I feel it helps to break down the barriers and does a really good job of it too.

Soldato
OP
Well I managed to msg two friends on Saturday :p Good achievement by me I must say! haha!

I am now speaking to one on msn + texting while the other is messaging me on PoF but is not wanting to get involved to prevent it getting messy :D lol!

Soldato
OP
Also just a little update I've realised I'm going to have to generate a spreadsheet to keep a track of all the emails I've sent out and to who. Don't want to be sending out emails to the same women twice. :D
Cheers

Ok despite the lulz from your approach to this there is pull down menu in the My City Search which can filter your results so you can have only "users I've not contacted" appear....no need for a spreadsheet :p lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom