** INTRODUCING VERTAGEAR GAMING CHAIRS - OCUK EXCLUSIVE **

Soldato
Got my SL4000 yesterday. Was a pain to put together. The bottom mechanism wasn't fitting correctly, 3 out 4 screws went fine but the last one was going in at an angle and stopped after about 3 turns and at a 30 degree angle so I couldn't even try to cross thread it. My brother had a good idea to pull the problem corner away from the base which allowed quite a few good turns into the thread which then forced everything together. Wider slots on the mech would be better if their machining is off.

So after using it all of yesterdays evening so far I'm sad to say I'm not all that impressed, but it's not exclusive to, Vertagear, AK and DX measure just the same and I would have the same issue. My shoulder blades are resting on the backrest wings so my upper back is away from the chair and has no support at all, if I push my shoulders forward then I slip in but now my arms are restricted. The seat base I fit in no problem but I like to have my legs apart when sitting which I cannot comfortably do as the bolsters on these chairs are in the way and push into my legs and if I sit with my legs together then I'm squashing my gentleman's parts.

I'm gunna use it today and see how I feel tomorrow morning but the prognosis isn't looking good, I'm 90% sure I'll be sending it back, I need a wider base and back or an open base and back, something like the DXRacer Maximum. While not an open back it's much larger and the base doesn't have bolsters.

Associate
Got my SL4000 yesterday. Was a pain to put together. The bottom mechanism wasn't fitting correctly, 3 out 4 screws went fine but the last one was going in at an angle and stopped after about 3 turns and at a 30 degree angle so I couldn't even try to cross thread it. My brother had a good idea to pull the problem corner away from the base which allowed quite a few good turns into the thread which then forced everything together. Wider slots on the mech would be better if their machining is off.

So after using it all of yesterdays evening so far I'm sad to say I'm not all that impressed, but it's not exclusive to, Vertagear, AK and DX measure just the same and I would have the same issue. My shoulder blades are resting on the backrest wings so my upper back is away from the chair and has no support at all, if I push my shoulders forward then I slip in but now my arms are restricted. The seat base I fit in no problem but I like to have my legs apart when sitting which I cannot comfortably do as the bolsters on these chairs are in the way and push into my legs and if I sit with my legs together then I'm squashing my gentleman's parts.

I'm gunna use it today and see how I feel tomorrow morning but the prognosis isn't looking good, I'm 90% sure I'll be sending it back, I need a wider base and back or an open base and back, something like the DXRacer Maximum. While not an open back it's much larger and the base doesn't have bolsters.

Quite gutted. Was literally going to press the button on this when i saw it on this week offer. Looks like my search continues. Im 6ft 2" and 18 stone so need something that is extremely comfortable for bigger frames chaps

Soldato
Quite gutted. Was literally going to press the button on this when i saw it on this week offer. Looks like my search continues. Im 6ft 2" and 18 stone so need something that is extremely comfortable for bigger frames chaps

Go for one of the DXRacer King series chairs.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/search_results.php?keywords=DXRacer+King&_=1444230996265

I took receipt last week of one of the Drifting series chairs, it has a slightly smaller base compared to the King.

I'm 5ft10/13st10 thereabout and it's perfect for me.

OcUK Staff
OP

SL-2000. It's the most accomodating of the three, and very comfortable, I'm a big guy and I sit in one for work 5 days a week and it's been excellent so far.

Soldato

Me too :/ I'm 6ft and 18st. The only alternatives I see for big frames are some of the Arozzi seats and the DX Maximum. I looked at the King and while similar in dimensions the Maximum has a flat seat so you can spread your legs out and the shoulders iirc is 590mm.

Hopefully it won't take to long for, Vertagear to make their own large seat.

OcUK Staff
OP
Me too :/ I'm 6ft and 18st. The only alternatives I see for big frames are some of the Arozzi seats and the DX Maximum. I looked at the King and while similar in dimensions the Maximum has a flat seat so you can spread your legs out and the shoulders iirc is 590mm.

Hopefully it won't take to long for, Vertagear to make their own large seat.

ChugNorris said:

Associate
Just to confirm I'm 6ft and definitely over 18 stone and the SL-2000 is comfier than my AK Racing Premium I have at home.

The SL 2000 is appealing and its also cheaper but the base depth is thinner than the SL4000. Does this take away from the comfort aspect? I saw you said you sit in one 5 days a week i just want to get the best chair i can without spending close to £300, the wife would decimate me :(

**EDIT** Also what are the differences between the SL2000 and SL4000 please? I don't understand why the SL2000 would cater better for bigger guys but the slightly more expensive range isn't as suitable :S

Soldato
**EDIT** Also what are the differences between the SL2000 and SL4000 please? I don't understand why the SL2000 would cater better for bigger guys but the slightly more expensive range isn't as suitable :S

All I can see is that it has a wider back. The seat is the same width and the bolsters are present. I can't see how in that regard it would differ from the SL4000.

OcUK Staff
OP
The SL-2000 has a flatter base seat, so you don't get the edges of the chair sticking into your legs and causing discomfort. I sat on the SL-4000 for a few hours, and whilst I found it comfortable, the SL-2000 allowed me to sit however I liked in comfort. It also doesn't have the raised padding for your man parts benefit, which allows you to sit however you like, as opposed to in a fixed position :) Finally the backrest is more forgiving on the larger gentlemen.

Vertagear are planning their own range of larger seats, which will give you a similar design to the SL-4000 but with more comfort for us big guys, these will land in early 2016. If you want to buy now I would recommend the SL-2000.

Associate
The SL-2000 has a flatter base seat, so you don't get the edges of the chair sticking into your legs and causing discomfort. I sat on the SL-4000 for a few hours, and whilst I found it comfortable, the SL-2000 allowed me to sit however I liked in comfort. It also doesn't have the raised padding for your man parts benefit, which allows you to sit however you like, as opposed to in a fixed position :) Finally the backrest is more forgiving on the larger gentlemen.

Vertagear are planning their own range of larger seats, which will give you a similar design to the SL-4000 but with more comfort for us big guys, these will land in early 2016. If you want to buy now I would recommend the SL-2000.

Awesome, Just noticed the black and red SL2000 is on this weeks offer, so £165 for a chair is an awesome price for how much use it gets.

Does this offer run Wednesday to Wednesday please?

Soldato
Im ordering one today noticed the cheaper prices on blue and red in both 2000 and 4000, Thanks for clarifying the differences on 2000-4000. I sit like quite slouched so even though i prefer the design of the 4000 i may have to get the 2000 else it will be uncomfortable.

Nvm.. Just ordered the 4000..
Lets hope am not working tomorrow so i can set it up and get some use out of it

Last edited:
Soldato
Nightmare to assemble but the chair is lovely. I hope to never have to take it apart for any reasons. Some of the bolt holes are stupidly angled and screws for plastics are stupidly tight.

I am happy with the chair though after using it for an hour it's comfy, maybe not quite worth the money as it's only a chair but it's marmite I guess love it or hate it. I am happy I got it on offer :)

Comfort 9/10
Assembly 2/10 :(
Price 7/10

Back
Top Bottom