iOS 4.0 has been released!

Associate
stupid question time..
on maps, what is the little purple arrow that appears in the top right corner next to the battery indicator? never saw that before..

Associate
stupid question time..
on maps, what is the little purple arrow that appears in the top right corner next to the battery indicator? never saw that before..

A new icon that shows whenever an appliction is using your location.

Go to Settings>General>Location Services for more. :)

Associate
First impresions of it on my ipod touch 2g is that it seems somewhat sluggish and is slower to respond, paticularly Safari. At least they didn't bother to charge ipod users unlike when v3 was released.

Dave

Soldato
Liking folders so far. Only issue I've got is that my signal and WiFi seem to be a bit less stable, not sure whether it's related or not - could be my WiFi :p

iphonescreen.jpg

Second page I normally had my most used apps, but quite liking having it all on the first - second will just be the clutter page.

Soldato
I'm having email issues since updating to 4.0. It pulls down headers fine but when I open the email it won't display the message. Even more annoyingly, I can't reply to emails either.

This is the same for hotmail, gmail and exchange :(

Edit: Deleting the accounts and reconfiguring didn't fix it. But restarting the phone seems to have done the trick. phew !

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Am I doing something wrong? Every time I've tried to do the update I get an error when the download is finishing telling me that the network connection has timed out. I've been trying since yesterday, probably about 30 times in total now!

ARGH!

Soldato
Did the people here having problems restore from backup or set their phone up as new? I always do the latter as it's proved the least problematic for me in the past - most apps I use are cloud based and for setting up email/wifi I use the iPhone provisioning tool from the iPhone for Business site.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Am I doing something wrong? Every time I've tried to do the update I get an error when the download is finishing telling me that the network connection has timed out. I've been trying since yesterday, probably about 30 times in total now!

ARGH!

Download the .ipsw file (the iPhone firmware) for your device manually.

Once you've downloaded it, just hold shift when clicking Restore/Update in iTunes and pick the location of the firmware.

That should bypass the iTunes downloading process and install without issue.

iPhone 4 (link)
iPhone 3GS (link)
iPhone 3G (link)

These files are direct from Apple's servers. You'll need iTunes 9.2 too.

Hope this helps :cool:

Soldato
Updated my 3gs to os4 on Thursday,all seemed to go well with the update,all apps etc seem to work fine but when on a call after around 5mins or so the phone now cuts out and goes to a black screen with just the apple logo,the phone switches back on after a few seconds but network is lost,it searches and finds the network again but call has obviously been lost.

It's beginning to really annoy me now,has anyone experienced anything similar since the update?

edit/ I'm on O2 .

Back
Top Bottom