iOS 9

• Thread starter Deleted member 138126
  • Start date
Man of Honour
If it does I'd roll back, or spend 2 minutes Googling it (like I just have for your issue) and try the numerous attempted fixes that have been suggested across many websites. If I've tried all of that and in the unlikely event that rolling back or trying the fixes doesn't work, I'd put up with it before even considering going back to Android!

Or use another browser...

Associate
If it does I'd roll back, or spend 2 minutes Googling it (like I just have for your issue) and try the numerous attempted fixes that have been suggested across many websites. If I've tried all of that and in the unlikely event that rolling back or trying the fixes doesn't work, I'd put up with it before even considering going back to Android!

Or use another browser...

Which I'd absolutely usually agree with - except none of the fixes actually work and the same issue also occurs in 9.2.1 and thats the oldest signed release so I can't go any further.

Luckily I have a spare LG G4 which I'm using now, but many (including two colleagues and a family member) who also have this issue on their iPhone and iPad don't have any backup devices to use, and its the principal of Apple not stepping up and getting this sorted quickly that bothers me more than anything else.

Caporegime

Which doesn't help opening links from other apps... Such as mail, messenger, ads you accidentally press when using an app, etc, etc...

I've pretty much given up using my phone at the moment and reverted back to my laptop.

It's not far off having a dumb phone that can't take calls...

Man of Honour
Which doesn't help opening links from other apps... Such as mail, messenger, ads you accidentally press when using an app, etc, etc...

I've pretty much given up using my phone at the moment and reverted back to my laptop.

It's not far off having a dumb phone that can't take calls...

I honestly haven't had a single issue since 9.3 came out, be it Safari or Chrome.

Associate
Android and fast releases... haha.

I'd only have considered the Nexus line for a new phone, getting updates directly from Google. But yes, one of the main selling points of me switching back to iOS was the quick updates but felt a bit let down this week. Wouldn't have been half as bad if Apple had just said that they were working on it and gave a time frame. Setting expectation is far better than saying nothing.

V F

V F

Soldato
Messages... I definitely wrote it, autocorrect obviously thought it was wrong...:p

Going to download that now then, hopefully that will fix the issue!

I was having a strange flashback to MSN Messenger when I read it. ;)

Man of Honour
I'd only have considered the Nexus line for a new phone, getting updates directly from Google. But yes, one of the main selling points of me switching back to iOS was the quick updates but felt a bit let down this week. Wouldn't have been half as bad if Apple had just said that they were working on it and gave a time frame. Setting expectation is far better than saying nothing.

I had a Nexus 4 and then 5, I recall numerous issues which took ages to be fixed by Google and no public acknowledgment.

Soldato
Once a machine has downloaded the update, any way to blank and remove the update after download but prior to install.
Out old ipad2 downloaded it, but didn't install, now they have pulled the update, as it is cricking machines, and also asking for original details.
So it can't actually install.
Can I stop the cycle of attempts and failure to verifies, as it kills the wifi each time it tries now?
Apple taking after MS for QC now.

How to ditch an update after DL but before installation?

1 Go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage.

2 Select “iOS XXXX” (it is probably close to the top of your list).

3 Tap Delete Update, and tap Delete Update again to confirm :)

Back
Top Bottom