iOS 9

• Thread starter Deleted member 138126
  • Start date
Caporegime
Anyone else having the 9.3 issue of links not working? If I click on a link it crashes safari. Seems to be an issue being raised on the Apple forums :mad:

It's a real pain.

Yep. Started for me with 9.2 though.

Installed 9.2 a few days ago and yesterday started getting the link issue. Updated to 9.3 to see if that would fix it and nope...

It seems to affect both 9.2 and 9.3 randomly.

I'm trying to use another browser, but that doesn't solve opening links in other apps (like mail).:mad:

EDIT: Doesn't make sense being a daylight saving issue as Canada's change was two weeks ago. That said my app store account is still registered to the UK (so can access my banking apps), but I'm on auto time zone.

Last edited:
Associate
Got a DM from Apple on Twitter, they are aware of the problem and are looking at it, and to 'check for software updates' soon.

Not exactly helpful. I think they should probably make some kind of announcement, it's now affecting everyone I know with an iOS device.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

OP
Thought it was the hotels . com app (or something like that)? Uninstall the app?

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

OP
Apparently there is a timeout after you uninstall the app. It's all pretty easy to google for.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

OP
I'm telling you, I've never used the booking.com app nor had it installed and I still have the problem. But thanks for the suggestion of Googling, very helpful.
Ah ok. I do apologise for trying to point you in the right direction. You sound really nice.

Soldato
Once a machine has downloaded the update, any way to blank and remove the update after download but prior to install.
Out old ipad2 downloaded it, but didn't install, now they have pulled the update, as it is cricking machines, and also asking for original details.
So it can't actually install.
Can I stop the cycle of attempts and failure to verifies, as it kills the wifi each time it tries now?
Apple taking after MS for QC now.

How to ditch an update after DL but before installation?

Caporegime
Yep. Started for me with 9.2 though.

Installed 9.2 a few days ago and yesterday started getting the link issue. Updated to 9.3 to see if that would fix it and nope...

It seems to affect both 9.2 and 9.3 randomly.

I'm trying to use another browser, but that doesn't solve opening links in other apps (like mail).:mad:

EDIT: Doesn't make sense being a daylight saving issue as Canada's change was two weeks ago. That said my app store account is still registered to the UK (so can access my banking apps), but I'm on auto time zone.

And annoyingly I seem to be having a very similar problem with Safari on OSX as well. Getting so many beachballs now I've decided to switch to Chrome for the time being.

I'm sure it's just coincidence but that's two for two with Apple screwing up their safari browsers...

Soldato
Apple Music seems to have not improved in 9.3, UI still laggy at times and last night after a while of listening ok I started to get a error message when trying to play tracks from AM which said "this music format is not supported"?

Never had that prior 9.3.

Man of Honour
Oh good lord, don't be so melodramatic. Android updates take just as long if not longer, Apple are usually on the ball having been in both ecosystems for years so just be patient.

Associate
Oh good lord, don't be so melodramatic. Android updates take just as long if not longer, Apple are usually on the ball having been in both ecosystems for years so just be patient.

Melodramatic? You honestly think that a £700 phone that can't browse the internet without crashing and can't open links to websites from any application is acceptable?

Can't say that in the many years of being an Android user before this that I'd had a bug as critical as this that wasn't fixed within a day.

Back
Top Bottom