*** iPhone 5S/5C - September 10th ***

Associate
I am thinking about buying a 64Gb 5S direct from Apple and then using Three's £15pm ONE plan with:

5000 texts
2000 minutes
all you can eat data

Anyone had any experience with three? Any comments?

Main reasons are:

- Prefer buying unlocked device,
- Three allow tethering,
- Price includes 4G data when the network is launched. 3G is perfect for time being.

I have a unlocked 4s on Three. In my house I only get one bar, but I've had a when I wason O2 and T mobile thay did the same. Their 3g blows O2 out of the water. The 3g coverage and speed of them are great, I see little need of 4g when I can get 8mbs on 3g.

I travel a fair bit so having a unlocked phone is great fir that too.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I was going to get the space grey 16gb but I don't mind picking up a 32gb. My 4S has taken a little too much abuse over the last 2 years without a case or screen protector and the gps, gyro and general hardware seems to be struggling these days.

I was going to get it on contract but there really is little point with such good monthly contracts from three and giffgaff.

fez

fez

Caporegime
All depends on where you use it most. I have found giffgaff pretty poor in general for 3g. A lot of country seems to be a no go for 3g as soon as I leave a main city or town.

Associate
I'm on GiffGaff now and it's been fine. Can;t really get 3g where I am anyway but as soon as I go away from here, 3g pops in.

I might go with it anyway, can easily cancel in first 30 days if required.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I had a look at a friends HTC one and it is a lovely phone. I just prefer iOS and everything I have is on iOS. Android is the more comprehensive OS but I don't use any of the advantages of Android and I like the smaller screen on iPhones.

Back
Top Bottom