• iPhone 6 plus 16gb

Votes: 18 3.3%
  • iPhone 6 plus 64gb

Votes: 109 20.1%
  • iPhone 6 plus 128gb

Votes: 62 11.4%

• Total voters
Associate
I'm struggling to find a good case for my 6 gents, the genuine Apple silicone one is perfect but the bottom of the handset is unprotected :(

Any other good cases please?

I've stuck with this bad boy.

Not the best looker, but it's got all round coverage and can handle a screen protector on there.

In terms of cases NOT to buy, do not get the Spigen Neo Hybrid. First one snapped out of the box when fitted on the red edge surround at the mute cutout, second one weakened to snapping point during fitting at exactly the same place.

For screen protectors, I'm currently without one, having tried several and just not got on with them... the Nillkin full cover one _looks_ great, but as it only has adhesive on the screen section, dust can and does get under the top and bottom section and DOES get into the edges of the screen section!

I've not seen a curved one I've been confident enough to order either, so am taking my chances with it, as well as Applecare+ and possibly house insurance should any mishaps occur...

Associate
So simple you provided a incorrect link originally eh? ;)

And I also stated that the unlock can in fact be done? Which is better than the inherently wrong advice you posted. ;) Just because the link was wrong does not mean what I said was wrong. Both the UK and Australia sites look very similar anyway, no idea why the top link was to there.

Associate
Is the ringke a clip on type case?

Aye, snap on single moulded piece with notches at the corners so you can actually get it on/off! It's handled a few removals without trouble and also doesn't grumble at having headphones with large connectors being plugged in.

Lip over the front too, so no scratchy when placed face down, and thick enough on the back so the camera's slightly recessed.

I couldn't argue for the price really.

EDIT: you mentioned the Apple silicone case? Mate had one each for his 6 and his missus' 6+... damn things disintegrated fairly quickly. Don't think they've got much longevity in them. I've got the Apple leather for my 6 for the hell of it, and as you've said with the silicone, it too is perfect apart from the open lip at the bottom.

Last edited:
Soldato
Disliked my Iphone 5S 64GB so much I decided to bin it and get an Iphone 6 128GB.

The difference in the two phones is night and day. I am kicking myself for not upgrading sooner but I wanted to wait for the 6S. Crap battery life and camera of the 5S forced my hand.

I considered the Plus however the standard 6 offers quite a bit of extra screen size over the 5S that I deem the Plus as not really worth it (on screen size grounds only).

The Battery on the 6 is pretty incredible in comparison to previous Iphones, I don't need to charge it for 48 hours. The IPhone 5S needs to be plugged in whenever you can get away with it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've used the Anker screen protector and really like it. It doesn't go right to the edge before the curve but it's absolutely fine with the official Apple or Spiegel case on as they stop u touching the edge of the screen anyway.

Soldato
Try reading the description.

The edge frame added on the rim of the glass makes the glass look as it is covering the whole screen edge to edge.

;)

Depends how desperate you are to have a full coverage protector with the curved edge. It would be a pain in the a**e to manufacture so the prices would be high. As with MoRT489 above I'm happy with the Anker one as the hard case gives some protection to the uncovered curved edge. iMacMart wasn't. YMMV.

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone who's had their phone since launch noticed their battery life decrease? I certainly have on my 6 plus.

Thinking of trying to get it swapped out by Apple.

Yup, seen a massive decrease recently. Am going to try backing up and restoring but have noticed it a lot more since iOS 8.3. Hopefully an update might fix it.

Back
Top Bottom