• iPhone 6 plus 16gb

Votes: 18 3.3%
  • iPhone 6 plus 64gb

Votes: 109 20.1%
  • iPhone 6 plus 128gb

Votes: 62 11.4%

• Total voters
Associate
Does anyone know if the apple logo is this so called liquid metal? The rumours of the sapphire front are confirmed to be wrong, but havent heard anything about the liquid metal logo. WOuld be nice to know so that I can either be more careful when putting the phone down, or not have to worry.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I predict some of even the most popular apps will not be updated for a good 3 months or more.

Caporegime
My iPhone is now back in the hands of Apple. It's simply not for me what with it's degraded resolution, silly settings menus and buggy OS. I hope there isn't too long a wait for the Nexus 6.

While I can definitely tell the lower resolution I'm loving the smoothness and lack of bugs over my One. One noticeable improvement is the smoothness of typing on OcUK and the ease of selecting where you want to put the curser.

Soldato
Think I might need to reinstall and start afresh, I'm getting nowhere near that and I'm mostly connected to WiFi and only use it for whatsapp, Line (not constantly) and instagram. I barely get 15 hours of standby before it hits 20%. :(

I restored from iCloud personally but some say setting up as a new phone is better.

For me;

1/2 brightness all the time (unless sunny, then i wack it up to full)
Background app refresh off
Bluetooth off
Reduce transparency on
Reduce motion on
Location services > All system services off except find my iPhone and Apps when I use them like google maps, maps etc.
Manual fetch on all email accounts

Permabanned
OP
I restored from iCloud personally but some say setting up as a new phone is better.

For me;

1/2 brightness all the time (unless sunny, then i wack it up to full)
Background app refresh off
Bluetooth off
Reduce transparency on
Reduce motion on
Location services > All system services off except find my iPhone and Apps when I use them like google maps, maps etc.
Manual fetch on all email accounts

What about airplane mode all the time?

Soldato
What about airplane mode all the time?

Well yes, but you might as well turn it off - no calls, no data. Or were you being sarcastic?

I use my phone for what I need. No need to have stuff like bluetooth on if its not needed or constantly pulling in emails when you can manually check them a few times a day

Associate
Whats the point of having a mobile phone if you have to turn of the mobile phone part...

Because the signal is hit or miss. Most of the time, I get no service where I work, or I get one bar which drops out. So why not just switch to airplane mode if I can't get calls anyway. Obviously I turn it off when I'm outdoors or where I know I get signal.

Soldato
Because the signal is hit or miss. Most of the time, I get no service where I work, or I get one bar which drops out. So why not just switch to airplane mode if I can't get calls anyway. Obviously I turn it off when I'm outdoors or where I know I get signal.

Can you not get data indoors? If you can, just use Viber or something

Soldato

It is worth doing. Yesterday I was on a site with very poor intermittent signal and my battery took a 25% dive in 8hrs.

That is more than it has declined from when I left work at 15:30 yesterday till now! So the constant background process of trying to acquire a signal is a battery killing monster! lol :p

Associate
Using Google Music just fine here. The battery life is staggering using it actually. I walk to work every morning ~30 minutes, streaming music the whole way and it's to bluetooth headphones. Typically I get to the office and the battery meter is still 100%, sometimes 99%.

Only downside is downloading songs is gimped. It seems iOS has no 'background' apps feature, so as soon as you close Google Music the downloads stop! Same goes for Dropbox, TripAdvisor, Spotify etc. etc. Really really stupid and infuriating!

Looking forward to the Nexus 6 now, so many stupid little things in iOS are starting to add up.

This is all down to the app developers. iOS8 has the ability to do this. The podcast app, for example, polls RSS feeds every 6 hours for new podcasts and then downloads them automatically even if the app is not open.

Either the apps haven't been updated yet or you have the Background App Refresh option disabled. Check this out in settings. It's under General settings. Each app either has it enabled or disabled. Spotify appears to be disabled by default for me. Perhaps Google Music is too.

I use both Android and iOS and there is almost nothing Android can do that iOS can't. It's just a case of learning and adapting to a new OS.

Soldato
Right, so I decided to see just how long my battery would last with my normal use. I charged it fully, then used it as I normally would and let the battery drain to within an inch of its life.

I have to say, its pretty impressive compared to my Nexus 4, and I think it would have lasted even longer if I was not working on a site with very little or no signal. However, one thing that has interested me is that the email app has drained more battery due to low signal than the actual phone has by "searching" for signal!

Admittedly I am not a heavy user of the phone, but I have been streaming live video on Safari a fair bit, using facebook, email, texts, a couple of calls etc etc. When I went to bed last night my battery was at 11% (11PM). When I got up at 06:20, it was at 7%. I set a backup alarm because I didn't think it would live through the night, but it did :)

Back
Top Bottom