iPhone 6s died..

Associate
OP
No joy unfortunately, asked a few times if there was anything he could do as a goodwill gesture and mentioned how we’ve got quite a lot of Apple kit and that a replacement phone was going to cost a lot just after Christmas etc etc ... but he wasn’t having any of it and we eventually gave up, Quite annoyed really as I’ve recently spent a lot of money on Apple products bought a new MacBook Pro and iPhone X

Associate
No joy unfortunately, asked a few times if there was anything he could do as a goodwill gesture and mentioned how we’ve got quite a lot of Apple kit and that a replacement phone was going to cost a lot just after Christmas etc etc ... but he wasn’t having any of it and we eventually gave up, Quite annoyed really as I’ve recently spent a lot of money on Apple products bought a new MacBook Pro and iPhone X
It is a shame really, at least you tried.

Sad thing is it seems to be selective - they can and do offer out of warranty repairs for free sometimes.

Associate
So I’ve been doing some reading into this. Leave the device on charge over night and then try the two button reset.

Please report back.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
So I’ve been doing some reading into this. Leave the device on charge under night and then try the two button reset.

Please report back.

I’ve tried everything else so it’s worth a go, I won’t hold out much hope but I’ll let you know tomorrow cheers

So I’ve been doing some reading into this. Leave the device on charge over night and then try the two button reset.

Please report back.

Tried this left it on charge overnight and most of this morning, its still dead. Looking like it is a chip inside that has fried then unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
Bung it on ebay for under spares and repair,you will still get cash for it.

thinking this what i will end up doing, although when we took it to apple they made her remove it from find my iphone so we now have to way of wiping the phone, if we sell it on ebay and someone can repair it then they will likely have all her stuff on the phone still.

Associate
Might be your charging ic on your main board. I just had mine changed for £50. It’s the chip that feeds power to battery. Vehicle charger cigarett chargers cause it in general. Don’t know where you are but look for an itechnician approved repair place.

thinking this what i will end up doing, although when we took it to apple they made her remove it from find my iphone so we now have to way of wiping the phone, if we sell it on ebay and someone can repair it then they will likely have all her stuff on the phone still.

Associate
OP
Might of had abit of luck with work where I bought the phone from, I was talking to someone in customer services yesterday about the phone and the consumer law point and they’ve asked me to return the phone with accessories for inspection. Might come to nothing but seemed like they may refund/replace depending on stock at the supplier.

Associate

Was the phone not passcoded ? If so if you sell it and they fix it they need to unlock the phone to access no?

Associate
As a six-year iphone user. According to apple's way of doing things. That's what I expected. I'm already disappointed with the iPhone 6.after i switched to iPhone X from iPhone 6s, Maybe the iPhone x will have similar problems in the near future.

Last edited:
Mobster
Soldato
Officially you have to prove it but I've not known anyone actually have to do it in practice. If you mention consumer law and it was purchased from Apple, in every case I'm aware of Apple have repaired the product without fuss. The onus is on you to mention it though.

Mobster
Soldato
You also have to prove that the issue was present at the point of purchase - this is incredibly difficult to do. I've had plenty of people try and argue consumer law during my time at John Lewis, and the simple truth is unless you can show physical proof, you haven't got a leg to stand on.

EU ruling is 2 years, but UK consumer law is actually 6.

After six months. Before that the retailer would have to prove it.

You'd have to get an independent person to assess the product officially but if you wrote to head office saying you were intending to go to court they'll normally roll over as they would lose.

If you can prove that it didn't cause the damage and its not due to normal wear and tear relative to the age of the product, the retailer will have a very tough time proving the defect wasn't there from the start.

Associate
OP
Well i sent the phone back to my work (where i bought it from) they inspected it agreed it was not repairable and i have today received a full refund for the phone, bit of a result was not expecting that at all.

Back
Top Bottom