iPhone SE 2020

Associate
Had my iPhone se 2020 since day one and it’s great. Love the camera and it’s really fast. Battery easily last me a full day but I wouldnt regard myself as a heavy user.

I’ve had windows phones in the past that I loved (gutted they are gone). Also had android phones which I’ve never had much luck with so I doubt I’ll ever go back.

iPhone se 2020 Highly recommended from me. Great little phone.

Associate
I managed to drop and smash my XS Max, insurance have said there’s a longer lead time to repair/replace it than normal due to the lockdown so I can expect to have to wait a few weeks. Can’t be without a phone so picking up an SE tomorrow. Anyone else have any experiencing going from a screen the size of the XS Max down to the SE? Got a feeling it’s going to take some adjusting!

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
My wife updated her SE to iOS 14 at the weekend, and now whenever she takes a portrait mode picture the camera shutter noise it plays is ridiculously loud!

Can’t see anywhere where the volume of this is set, and it is silent when on silent mode.

Any ideas what’s up here, it’s like it plays the sound on full volume!

Soldato
I Bought a Red 64gb one of these iphone SE & a wireless charger for my 12 year old niece yesterday to replace her old iphone 6s which i bought her for christmas a few years ago
She loves it :):):)

I was thinking of getting her an iphone 12 mini but felt it was to much money for something she could easily loose or break

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok.... I’ve been an android phone user many years... never owned an iPhone.

ive gotten into the Apple eco system the last 2 years with an Apple 4tv box , iPad and now I’ll own 2 HomePod mini for tv use.

The SE has piqued my interest ( atm I’m on Huawei p20 pro ) . My actual current contract runs out in November, but can’t decide to either buy my contract out, or just get the SE outright and flog any new contract phone I get.

Soldato
Soldato
How are people doing with this phone now?

I've got one coming tomorrow - moving from a Pocophone F1 which is no longer receiving updates, was a bit too big, and increasingly had system apps filled with ads. I had an iPhone SE a few years back which I loved before I meandered into the Android forest in search of a bigger screen. Also been having issues with Android Auto in my car, not connecting or apps not working.

It seems people had the same arguments with this new model as they did with the original SE. There's no point comparing it to Android devices - people aren't buying it for the specs, they're buying it because it's a new iPhone for £399 (or £317 in my case). It doesn't matter if you can get a Chinese brand Y phone for less with a bigger screen, bigger battery, more cameras because at the end of the day, you'll still have ended up with a Chinese brand Y phone that doesn't work the way you're used to, won't get software updates after a couple of years, is filled with spyware (from both the manufacturer and Google) and won't be worth anything when it comes to upgrade - which will probably be sooner than with an iPhone to boot.

I would've gone for the 12 mini if it had a fingerprint reader, but I just don't like FaceID and I think it's still a bit overpriced. My partner has an iPhone 11 and they're always struggling with their mask/glasses and getting it at the right angle.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I would've gone for the 12 mini if it had a fingerprint reader, but I just don't like FaceID and I think it's still a bit overpriced. My partner has an iPhone 11 and they're always struggling with their mask/glasses and getting it at the right angle.

Just buy an Apple watch as well, problem solved :D

Soldato
To be fair, there's also a hell of a lot of use cases where the Apple watch is far superior to a Garmin (and this comes as someone who owns a Fenix 6X)

I've got the SE, like you i just wanted something cheap and it's perfectly fine. I came from an Iphone 8 and this is the same form factor whilst being much faster to use. Still seems fairly slick. Think i paid ~£240 as i bought a refurbished one from Ebay when there was a 20% off code. Was only about 3 weeks old so i have the bulk of Apple warranty remaining.

Back
Top Bottom