iPhone SE 2020

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
True, and it's tempting. I also am starting to have more concerns around Google from a privacy perspective, though.

I wouldn’t worry about Google, they are very transparent about what they use your data for.

Just had a look and the S10e can be had for £475 on Amazon which is pretty damn good!

Im waiting for the Pixel 4a which is rumoured to be the same form/hole punched screen as the S10e.

Soldato
I have the XR now as I couldn’t justify the 11 pro for what I use it for so sold it on, I’ve also scratched the screen on this phone quite bad so £420 to swap doesn’t seem too bad once I trade this phone in.

Will be strange not having FaceID but I’m sure it’ll only take a few hours to get used to the change.

just been through the Apple trade in and they’ll give me £230 for my XR which means the SE will cost me £189, can’t go wrong.

Soldato
Remember that $399 doesn't include sales tax.
Even if you take that into account it's still more expensive than it needs to be imo. Current exchange makes that roughly 315 without VAT so add on 20% and it's £378.... that's a difference of around £40 so realistically Apple could have hit the £399 price point in the UK

Soldato
just been through the Apple trade in and they’ll give me £230 for my XR which means the SE will cost me £189, can’t go wrong.

If the XR is in reasonable nick you'll get a hundred quid more than that from a third party reseller for not much more effort.

Soldato
If the XR is in reasonable nick you'll get a hundred quid more than that from a third party reseller for not much more effort.
Yeah true, looking around online, recycle places are offering between £280-£340 depending on storage size, condition and network status.

I haven’t used it before but do you know if Apple send you a suitable packaging container to send your old iPhone back to them when your new phone is delivered?

Soldato
New a13 chip and 3gb of ram for the price is great. I think I’ll flog my Xs for one of these (I miss my iPhone 8)

edit. Just read it has 3gb ram.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the iphone 8 is now far too dated in design, my missus has one, when I compare it to my s10 5g (which isn't perfect by any stretch) I could never go back to something so small with such thick bezels (although again, I do concur my s10 5g is a few years newer so not really a fair comparison), it would have been cool is the new se resembled the X a little more but then I suppose that would push the price right up. Do Apple make a 5g phone yet?

Soldato
I was expecting the same design as the original SE.

Still have the iPhone SE that I got in 2016, any future phone I purchase, I would want face ID as well, have that on my iPad pro and its so much better than touch ID.

Back
Top Bottom