• iPhone SE Gold 64gb

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • iPhone SE Space Grey 64gb

Votes: 55 52.9%
  • iPhone SE Rose Gold 64gb

Votes: 5 4.8%

• Total voters
Caporegime
What about all that spangly 4K video you might end up shooting, Kenneth? If you can afford it, I would always go for the highest storage you can. 32 minimum for a phone but as that's not available, 64.

Associate
Guys Im thinking about getting this phone to replace a samsung S3.

Im undecided on a 16gb or 64gb version, I have Apple Music but I dont intend storing tracks on the phone as I can do this on my 64gb touch, so would just be used for streaming on the iPhone.
Plus Im not big on apps either, think I have about 4 apps on my touch which Ive had for years.

Saying that I do have dropbox that I would need on the phone and this would also be for photo sync as well as I have other devices that are non apple and I don't intend on using iCloud photo library.

So would it be a mistake getting the 16gb? Im unsure if dropbox stores hard copies of files on the device or in the cloud?

cheers

Don't forget that it comes with a 12mp camera and videos can be shot up to 4K at 30fps (1080p at 60 and 120fps). Upload times will take longer than before because we're now dealing with larger files, and that's not counting our music and apps which take up storage.

I was going to go for the 16gb because of that sweet price but I don't think it's a viable choice if you're a heavy phone user.

Wish I could change my vote from 16gb to the 64gb.

Soldato
What about all that spangly 4K video you might end up shooting, Kenneth? If you can afford it, I would always go for the highest storage you can. 32 minimum for a phone but as that's not available, 64.

Don't forget that it comes with a 12mp camera and videos can be shot up to 4K at 30fps (1080p at 60 and 120fps). Upload times will take longer than before because we're now dealing with larger files, and that's not counting our music and apps which take up storage.

I was going to go for the 16gb because of that sweet price but I don't think it's a viable choice if you're a heavy phone user.

Wish I could change my vote from 16gb to the 64gb.

you both have point, think I will go for the 64gb version then.

do you know if files that are stored in dropbox are also stored on the device?

for instance if I install dropbox will all the files I have already on other devices, download to the iPhone or only if I open them?

Soldato
Or lack of the same front camera, lack of extra antennae, and no 128GB model?

Really I think the design would be enough to prove my point alone. If it was truly a 6S competitor it would have a 6S style case.

Soldato
I have never been a fan of the 6/6S ergonomics personally, but I take your point re: front camera and antenna. I don't think 128gb storage is required on a 4" screen, either, especially not with 4g and cloud services.

Edit: I have to admit I did initially read your post as "budget phone" and not "budget iphone" so... yeah I guess I agree:p

Last edited:
Soldato
What sort of product cycle will the SE have? Will Apple release a new phone every March or is the idea to entice people to take a look at the usual September offerings?

Back
Top Bottom