iRacing

Soldato
Loving the new BMW M Hybrid V8, a lot of fun around Daytona. Not sure if I would race it a lot unless there's a bad VRS week, but definitely has more character than LMP2.
Patch seems good so far!

Soldato
Not got round to buying it yet buy I'll probably be running it for Daytona 24 hr at least.
I've got the fun of cobbling together a Porsche GT3 set for a league this weekend. From what I've heard the GT3 cars changed a bit.

Associate
So after nearly 7 months away from iRacing (Actually packed up my rig and stuck it in the garage) I'm back in and slightly addicted :D

Been back on for 2 weeks now initially just getting acclimatised in the MX-5s and now back into my favourite series (IMSA). Did initially attempt to get back into the LMP2s but really struggled with the braking (Kept locking up) so stepped down into the GT3s. Not regretting it at all. The racing is so close (Currently racing in the 2.0k to 2.3k splits). A bit galling that I'm having to pay full price for the sub but will opt for the years membership come black friday.

Soldato
Summit on twitch desperately tries iracing quite regular. He is ok but loses it on later laps and loses 1st places 2 laps before the finish down many places, running wide, spinning. Tragic, on only an mx5 but I know iracing is nothing easy compared to most 'games'

Associate
Summit on twitch desperately tries iracing quite regular. He is ok but loses it on later laps and loses 1st places 2 laps before the finish down many places, running wide, spinning. Tragic, on only an mx5 but I know iracing is nothing easy compared to most 'games'
The pressure is genuine on iracing when you are in the lead!

Soldato
I sold a perfectly good 130 bhp car requiring a retest for road use. A grass racer bought it, not sure I even got £50 (long time ago) for a 70k mile car with a straight chassis and just needing a door etc. fixing. So yea I can believe some people who can repair get cheap race cars ready possibly cheaper then shiny PC setup.

Man of Honour
I sold a perfectly good 130 bhp car requiring a retest for road use. A grass racer bought it, not sure I even got £50 (long time ago) for a 70k mile car with a straight chassis and just needing a door etc. fixing. So yea I can believe some people who can repair get cheap race cars ready possibly cheaper then shiny PC setup.
Think my MX5 was around 15k to build so it was more than my sim set up but only by 2 or 3 grand if I total it all up.

Associate
Road America is such a boring track, even for IMSA multiclass. Doesn't help that I'm so fudging slow (2.05s in laptime) but just feel like the "race" goes on forever. The Ring GP last week was so much more enjoyable.

Soldato
Road America is such a boring track, even for IMSA multiclass. Doesn't help that I'm so fudging slow (2.05s in laptime) but just feel like the "race" goes on forever. The Ring GP last week was so much more enjoyable.
Take that back, Road America is a great track. :D
Did any one do Bathurst 12hr on the weekend?
I was away sadly but a league I do is there this Saturday.

Last edited:
Associate
Take that back, Road America is a great track. :D
Did any one do Bathurst 12hr on the weekend?
I was away sadly but a league I do is there this Saturday.
I used to think this to. I think given its size it feels very empty in iRacing. It could be the size of the splits (In the IMSA series I do) but there's just something thats missing.

Back
Top Bottom