iRacing

Associate
7k road, 6k oval, not bothered with dirt oval or road yet.

Road side : VRS GT3 series, Porsche Cup, Michelin Pilot Challenge

Oval side : Nascar iRacing series, Indycar open (back in ye day)

GT3 and Porsche cup sure does attrack some whack jobs, Ive run a few PC races this season and haven't seen too much bad driving though. I see the same stuff happen on ACC as well so I think what you are experiencing is a sim racing problem all round.

I still enjoy Iracing so will probably subscribe again this year but I am getting a bit tired of the slow pace of developement and some of the latest tracks are so un-optimized.

Associate
GT3 and Porsche cup sure does attrack some whack jobs, Ive run a few PC races this season and haven't seen too much bad driving though. I see the same stuff happen on ACC as well so I think what you are experiencing is a sim racing problem all round.

I still enjoy Iracing so will probably subscribe again this year but I am getting a bit tired of the slow pace of developement and some of the latest tracks are so un-optimized.
Yeah is an interesting one with iracing, They run what is a very old platform, but make plenty of money from it. I am not sure they would make anymore if they totally redesigned it - probably not.

The netcode can be painful and the force feedback (being 60hz) is really poor IMO compared to other offerings.

Soldato
It's crazy how a series can have hundreds of entries one week (Atlanta) and then barely get a single split the next.
Some of the track/car combos are terrible this season. Probably the worst in a long time, like who wants to race Snetterton or Barca ffs? Nobodys going to buy it!
I need to do more oval its so fun, I got C license at the end of last season so can do Nascar - but then I always question spending money on tracks in the shape of a circle. :p

Last edited:
Associate
I have been with Iracing 9 months. It's been fun.
Previously, I'd seen some posts around that internet Iracing sometimes offers 50% discounts on extending membership around Black Friday.
Received an email from iracing today offering 25% as a Black Friday deal discount if I renew membership.
1 year would cost me (110USD + 20% UK vat) * 75% (applying the discount) = $99 = £87.
Swithering. Haven't used my sim rig for a couple of months. Novelty wearing off. Not sure if £87 is a justifiable purchase given my lack of interest recently.
Maybe I'll rejuvenate my interest in the near future.
If the discount were higher I'd probably go for it just in case I fancied a few races but, meh.... 25% discount hasn't got me reaching for my credit card.

Do they tend to give better offers nearer the actual day?

jbs

jbs

Associate
The 25% is what you will get in November. If I remember correctly the last time there was a bigger than 25% discount for renewals was several years ago.

Soldato
The 25% is what you will get in November. If I remember correctly the last time there was a bigger than 25% discount for renewals was several years ago.
They used to do 50% for existing members but as you said it's been a good few years since they have done that.
Any one doing the Suzuka 10hr this weekend?
Going to be attempt it in the Porsche

Associate
I think I’ll be racing with my two brothers. It’s looking like the Ferrari at the minute; I joked last night they had picked the one GT3 I didn’t already own, including all the legacy cars!

I’d be happy with a clean race regardless of position

Associate
A couple of months back iRacing were doing 75% off for new sign ups. No idea what it was for existing subs. I grabbed 2 years as a new sub for about £50.

Associate
Iracing 10 hours of Suzuka went off to a fantastic start..

Before the flag even went green I was side swiped in the bus stop chicane, unfortunately they’d also hit another car already and went on to hit a further 3! With my rear suspension damaged I could hardly keep straight going immediately into the pits. I’d have come out 6 laps down so decided to call it there and then.

I hope it’s going a bit better for those of you still racing :D

Soldato
Iracing 10 hours of Suzuka went off to a fantastic start..

Before the flag even went green I was side swiped in the bus stop chicane, unfortunately they’d also hit another car already and went on to hit a further 3! With my rear suspension damaged I could hardly keep straight going immediately into the pits. I’d have come out 6 laps down so decided to call it there and then.

I hope it’s going a bit better for those of you still racing :D
There was a massive crash at the start line in ours. Cars going everywhere, smoke etc.
I slow down to avoid cars across the track in front of me but was rear ended by someone going full throttle through the chaos. Really wish that was protestable to be honest, most leagues now do punish that behaviour to be fair. Soldiered on to 18th in 4th split out of 20+ which i didn't think was too bad. We didn't have the raw pace to challenge at the sharp ends anyways to be honest.

Associate
That’s unfortunate, sadly it seems to happen all too often in iRacing these days.

is that really not protestable? Surely there would have been a yellow they’ve ploughed through? I do wish iracing would overhaul their penalty system, there is not enough deterrent for this type of behaviour. LFM are better in this regard and if iracing had something similar I would happily opt in.

Soldato
Loaded iRacing back up as an E Sports league has started with the race series I race within has just launched it..went onto MX5 Fanatec, first race, 3rd corner, just smashed straight into. Got myself back on track, caught the lack back up then the person I was about to overtake just slammed the brakes on causing me to have a crash and then get collected by the remaining cars.. I see nothing has changed :cry:

Associate
Loaded iRacing back up as an E Sports league has started with the race series I race within has just launched it..went onto MX5 Fanatec, first race, 3rd corner, just smashed straight into. Got myself back on track, caught the lack back up then the person I was about to overtake just slammed the brakes on causing me to have a crash and then get collected by the remaining cars.. I see nothing has changed :cry:

Nothing ever changes in rookie series. Top split is usually passable though

Soldato
Subscribed to this a few weeks ago under a discount and have done literally 7 races. Then had the opportunity to join a team with work for a 24 hour race at Silverstone this weekend just gone, and I loved it! It was literally my 8th race; we were in the MX5, while there was also a TCR and GT3 class going on. I was a bit off the pace to start with but in my second double stint (about 18-21 hours into the race) my pace was significantly better. I was thinking before the race I'd bitten off more than I could chew and during my first stint I was 2-3 seconds off all of my teammates(Rank A while I'd literally had to do a rookie race in order to get Class D minutes before the start of the 24) meant I had huge imposter syndrome. As I say though, increase in my pace the next morning and was within a second or so which I was content with

Looking forward to doing more :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom