Iron Mike is making a comeback

Soldato
awhile back in an interview he said he doesn't spar/train because he doesn't like the person he becomes, which I guess is aggressive and arrogant.

so it's kinda strange but I imagine it will be more like WWE than boxing ie staged

hes in a much better place nowadays hes happy with life again, if hes training he will be taking it serious

Caporegime
hes in a much better place nowadays hes happy with life again, if hes training he will be taking it serious
found it, was only last year in january.
seemed like he was in a good place not wanting anything to do with boxing or training

He was insane though back in the day, telling other boxers he would have sex with them until they love him and calling them faggots, threatening to eat peoples kids etc :eek:

Soldato
Wow, it's great to see Tyson training again. Like many, I loved watching him box in the '80s. Such a compact and graceful style, yet so, so brutal.

Permabanned
He certainly adds some spice and drama to the boxing world. I think it’s great it will certainly capture the attention of the people outside and inside of boxing.

It’s like the Logan/Ksi but with genuine credibility. It can only be a good thing as long as it’s seen for what it is.

Caporegime
found it, was only last year in january.
seemed like he was in a good place not wanting anything to do with boxing or training

He was insane though back in the day, telling other boxers he would have sex with them until they love him and calling them faggots, threatening to eat peoples kids etc :eek:

Source on saying he would have sex with them until they love him.

I can confirm the rest but not that. Never heard him say that.

Caporegime
Source on saying he would have sex with them until they love him.

I can confirm the rest but not that. Never heard him say that.
erm yea it was a fan but just google it and find the video.

too much bad language to link google "mike tyson until you love me" to find the youtube video.

Caporegime
He was the perfect example of turning your childhood demons into something useful, however, even as champ and the "baddest man on the planet" he was still deeply disturbed. If you watch his podcasts today he's much more open emotionally but he still wants to be that man he was in his 20's and he's said he fights it everyday.

The story with him pulling up to his house to visit Robin Givens and finding her with Brad Pitt still cracks me up.

Soldato
It’s hardly a comeback. I hope nobody gets badly hurt.

Looking good for 10 second bursts on camera is not the same as an actual round/fight.

Even if they’re juiced up I expect fatigue will kick in pretty quickly.

Given his views on boxing I’m surprised at this, does he really need the money? I guess it’ll be a relatively easy pay cheque, I just wonder why it’s taking place.

Permabanned
It’s hardly a comeback. I hope nobody gets badly hurt.

Looking good for 10 second bursts on camera is not the same as an actual round/fight.

Even if they’re juiced up I expect fatigue will kick in pretty quickly.

Given his views on boxing I’m surprised at this, does he really need the money? I guess it’ll be a relatively easy pay cheque, I just wonder why it’s taking place.
It's supposed to be for charity. With that said I hope they also earn some money out it. It will be using the Tyson brand name to generate interest and money so I'm not sure how It'll be structured, but If It generated a lot of money then their is no harm for the fighters to earn something from It.

People need to calm down a little. It's only the fans/media that are using this as a means to promote their own aims. I highly doubt he's plotting his way to a title shot but his name alone will generate interest and many are smelling an opportunity to make money. I hope he's not coerced into doing something foolish.

Soldato
It's supposed to be for charity. With that said I hope they also earn some money out it. It will be using the Tyson brand name to generate interest and money so I'm not sure how It'll be structured, but If It generated a lot of money then their is no harm for the fighters to earn something from It.

People need to calm down a little. It's only the fans/media that are using this as a means to promote their own aims. I highly doubt he's plotting his way to a title shot but his name alone will generate interest and many are smelling an opportunity to make money. I hope he's not coerced into doing something foolish.

I've just seen a clip of Briggs doing some pad work in a video in a Sun news article. He looks about as quick as you'd expect him to be for this age... not very, in fact, he looks quite laboured, which is fine, it's to be expected, however, it doesn't make for a good 'fight' no matter how good the cause. They'll both probably be gassed after the second round. Is it really wise for either of them to be smacked in the head? Hopefully they'll be too tired to land significant blows.

I'm trying not to be too cynical but what gives? I thought he had moved on. Why is Tyson suddenly fighting? Were all the statements he made previously BS? Surely he had many charity fight options in the 15 years since his last fight

Last edited:
Permabanned
I've just seen a clip of Briggs doing some pad work in a video in a Sun news article. He looks about as quick as you'd expect him to be for this age... not very, in fact, he looks quite laboured, which is fine, it's to be expected, however, it doesn't make for a good 'fight' no matter how good the cause. They'll both probably be gassed after the second round. Is it really wise for either of them to be smacked in the head? Hopefully they'll be too tired to land significant blows.

I'm trying not to be too cynical but what gives? I thought he had moved on. Why is Tyson suddenly fighting? Were all the statements he made previously BS? Surely he had many charity fight options in the 15 years since his last fight
He’s had a change of heart no big deal, it’s for charity and he actually has credibility being an ex boxer rather than YouTube ‘personalities’ or Mayweather vs McGregor which was a blatant farce with McGregor never standing a chance but wanting to earn obscene amounts of money.

I have no problem with it and will no doubt watch in some form. Now if it was a ‘proper’ comeback I could understand but it’s not.

Permabanned
Holyfield being trained by or with Klitschko.

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2020/05/evander-holyfield-training-with-wladimir-klitschko/

Now this one is a little more worrying. I heard someone say that he really shouldn’t be taking anymore blows to the head. Let’s hope their inherent competitive nature doesn’t get the better of them.

I’d out of all them Tyson is possibly in the better position he doesn’t seem to be ego driven in anyway and seems to have found peace with his life.

I wish them all the best though and hope they raise plenty of money for charity, but more importantly I hope they keep their health intact.

Associate
Beat me to it. :) https://www.boxingnews24.com/2020/05/mike-tyson-vs-shannon-briggs-in-the-works/

I'd watch it, it interests me far more than the Ksi/Logan fight that is for sure. I hope they generate lots of money for whatever cause they are choosing and keep to exhibitions.

If it's a success we may also see Tyson v Holyfield too. They should do a mini exhibition tournament with Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis ect. It would generate millions.

That would be awesome! A little less ear munching though!!

Back
Top Bottom