• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is 16GB of Vram The Standard For High End Graphic Cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 on the 8gb@1080p.

Steve added Ghost Recon as heavy on the vram on that vid too!:eek:

Not be long for the next 'wahaaaay it uses less than 10gb' vid, bricking it we are!:p

Some of us work with facts and evidence, unfortunately some can't handle that though and have to clutch to straws r jump on other peoples claims to fit their narrative :cry:

Played ghost recon a while back but only played for hour, don't recall of issues on 3080 10GB, maybe 8gb is problematic?

What do you make of computerbase.de results for doom eternal? Given you and others regard(ed) them as being the gospel source for their FC 6 results whilst ignoring other tech reviewers...

xG4jEmA.png

Maybe they weren't using the right settings? Maybe they didn't play for long enough? Maybe they haven't setup their PC properly?

Also, no comment on my gameplay footage in comparison to the 6800xt footage?

:cry:

But as per usual, all comes down to goalposts :cry:

You guys do realise that the debate in the original FC 6 thread was originally about the 3080 and 10 GB vram (something which hub did not report issues in their recent 3080 vs 6800xt video), talk about moving goal posts again :cry: Just concretes my points even more

Still waiting after all these months for the 10GB issues to be evidenced :cool: So far all of the following have debunked and nuked from orbit or rather, nuked from Saul Goodman's office:

- resident evil village
- HZD
- godfall
- doom eternal
- forza 5
- DL 2

Pretty sure there was another one? Can you recall @TNA?

FC 6 is the only one where there might be an issue with 10GB but hard to say given I didn't experience the same drops (except when rebar was turned on) as "evidenced" in my gameplay videos and HU + TPU etc. haven't noted any FPS drops to single digits, that and you have 3090 users on ubis forums reporting FPS drops too......

RAM SCAM!

wojak-3080-denial.jpg

Yep. Here's what Steve had to say:
Who buys a 3060 Ti for 4K? A 2080 is not enough for 4K and a 3060 Ti is not much better than it... I am lost at this point, I think all people in here care about is Far Cry 6 and have ego problems, I must be right and that is the end sort of mentality.
Stifles intelligence.

HUB does benchmarks to prove performance in an apples to apples way, but people don't use these cards in an apples to apples way, anyone with critical thinking ability will see the 3060-3080 cards suck at 4K and would likely be buying 3080 Ti or 3090 & Ti and if the budget cannot fill the experience, sticking to a lower resolution, but then we are not all made with brains that function intelligently.

Strictly speaking about GPU performance here, not Vram.

To me the only 4K cards are the 3080 Ti and 3090 (Ti) along side the AMD equivalents.

3060 Ti to the 3080 are the low and high end of 1440P, the mid range is the 3070 and Ti model.

Last edited:
Who buys a 3060 Ti for 4K? A 2080 is not enough for 4K and a 3060 Ti is not much better than it...

Its true, the sites tend to test all cards up to 4k. I have mentioned it before then you get smart comments like what is 4k gaming? Yet its plastered all over these reviews and even printed on the boxes of the cards themselves. :cry:

3060 Ti to the 3080 are the low and high end of 1440P, the mid range is the 3070 and Ti model.

That doesnt make any sense. The 3080 is most definitely marketed as a 4k card.

HUB does benchmarks to prove performance in an apples to apples way, but people don't use these cards in an apples to apples way, anyone with critical thinking ability will see the 3060-3080 cards suck at 4K and would likely be buying 3080 Ti or 3090 & Ti and if the budget cannot fill the experience, sticking to a lower resolution, but then we are not all made with brains that function intelligently.

This flies in the face of some folk on here. Critical thinking does not come into play at all. You have old debunker saying the 3080 runs out of grunt (before vram is an issue) and you dont need models above it.. and people are buying large displays with these exact cards. :cry:

Last edited:
Its true, the sites tend to test all cards up to 4k. I have mentioned it before then you get smart comments like what is 4k gaming? Yet its plastered all over these reviews and even printed on the boxes of the cards themselves. :cry:

That doesnt make any sense. The 3080 is most definitely marketed as a 4k card.

Now you are being purposely stupid. You clearly know marketing is to sell to people when don't think.

You make yourself look as dumb with a clear bias. Trying to present something that is clearly for idiots making your own knowledge look weak all to remain in the domain of your own ego and being correct instead of the truth of the situation.

Why do you insist on playing yourself?

Stop bringing logic into this thread!!!! Best to just ignore certain people as evidenced time and time again, certain ones have literally nothing of value or substance to add to these discussions and comes across like they have a serious grudge because they can't handle the truth hence the lack of replies/answers to any questions thrown their way.

Who buys a 3060 Ti for 4K? A 2080 is not enough for 4K and a 3060 Ti is not much better than it... I am lost at this point, I think all people in here care about is Far Cry 6 and have ego problems, I must be right and that is the end sort of mentality.
Stifles intelligence.

To me the only 4K cards are the 3080 Ti and 3090 (Ti) along side the AMD equivalents.

Not sure about the 3080, having played pretty much most games out there at 4k, only one, maybe 2 games of the top of my head where I have had to turn settings down or/and use DLSS performance (instead of the usual, quality or balanced setting), of course, we could then proceed onto what FPS are required, which is very subjective, my TV only goes to 60hz at 4k so a locked 60 is very achievable where as people with 144hz 4k displays will probably want closer to 100+fps but then if that is a requirement and you don't want to sacrifice settings or/and use more aggressive dlss/fsr settings then even a 6900xt and 3090 is not going to be good enough either.....

I drop settings even when gaming on my 3440x1440 144hz display in order to get 100+ fps constant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom